Chapter 2- Detention

Jade's POV -
"Oh my gosh Jade!", I heard Samantha yell out. "You have double the time of detention today?" Aly then said. "And with the new guy Anthony?" Brianna  added. I just nodded in response, too ashamed of myself. English, in which I'm at right now, should have been my last class for the first day of school but no... I just had get detention.

The both of them then resumed on with the conversation while I was trying to come up with a way to make time go faster. If I had detention then I might as well just get it over with, right? I sighed in frustration of how slow the clock was ticking. One minute felt like an hour at this point and I just wanted to go up to the clock and smash it into little pieces.

The bell finally rang and I quickly got up rushing out the door while yelling out "bye" to my friends. I bet you're wondering why I'm even rushing. Well I heard that the detention teacher, Mr. Harrison, actually gives you extra detention time if you're late. I've already got double the time, I don't want to add more time on top of that, especially if it's with Anthony. I already hate the dude and I've only known him for an hour. Can anyone explain to me how that's even possible? I just hate the way he acts and the fact that he laughed when I got embarrassed didn't even help his case. Either way..... I hate him obviously.

Once I finally made it through the endless turns in every hallway, I was finally in front of the door to detention. To my surprise, a lot of people still weren't there, which I guess shouldn't really be surprising. Like c'mon, why would the detention kids be on time?

Another thing I didn't expect was that Nate, Zaedin, Solange, and Jamarie were already in there. That still wasn't the most peculiar thing though. The real surprise came when I saw that Anthony was actually already sat down in his seat, with earbuds on that were plugged into his phone. Me being the smarter person, first went up to Mr. Harrison to hand him the notes and then decided to just sit down in the middle, near where no one was since they were all practically in the back.

I took out a sketch book and started to randomly doodle something down on the back of a random sheet of paper. I suddenly got bored and ran out of ideas so I resulted to looking around the room for something new to draw. I then randomly looked over at my friends and seen if I would be able to draw any of them.

Nate was the first one I saw and I started noticing his features. Nate was a kind of lanky looking dude. He was pretty tall with deep brown eyes and was about as big as a stick. He was pretty pale with the flush on his cheeks pretty much being the only tint of color on him. His nose was a little bigger than average and he also had dark brown hair that covered his forehead but not long enough to his eyes or his basically non-existent eyebrows. The one trade mark that really stands out on this dude is the brown birthmark on his eye, which could be mistaken for a black eye. Most girls found him attractive but I just don't see it. Plus, it's not like any of those girls really have a chance considering he's already dating Samantha. The question was though... Was he good enough to be drawn? I decided on no because I came to the decision that it would be too hard to draw his birthmark or his non- existent eyebrows.

I then looked over at Zaedin. He was a lot shorter for his age and he was probably no bigger than Nate; they were both sticks. He had greenish- grayish eyes and dark brown (bushy) eyebrows. He had a complexity that seemed almost of another race other than white but that's just because of all the time he spends in the sun. His hair had dark brown roots but the tips were dyed with blonde and were sometimes even styled spiked up. Basically his hair was the rustier version of Goku's. There's not really any trade mark for him that many people know him from other than his lack in height. Was he a better choice? That decision also came to a no, but that's just because I figured I would suck at drawing the shape of his hair.