New Beginnings

*AGE CHANGE FROM 12 to 14 IN LITTLE SISTER; TURNED 15 IN Disturbing Behavior*

Emma's eyes shot open and she instantly regretted it. There was a blinding light that shone in her face, and she had to use her hands to cover her poor eyes. She blinked rapidly, giving herself a moment to adjust to the light. Once the black spots in her vision vanished, she looked around to see. . . nothing. She sat up from her spot on the ground, but she wasn't even sure if she was on the ground.

The young Gilbert found herself in a white space that extended, well, who knew? There was no definition of any walls or a door or anything. It was just blinding white everywhere. Emma got up to her feet quickly and turn around to find anything but failed.

"Where am I?" she asked herself, her voice echoing outward.

She looked down to see a large, dark red stain in the middle of her shirt, causing the previous events to fill her mind. The gym. Stefan killing the two teenagers. Herself shouting at Klaus. Rebekah. . . stabbing her with the crowbar.

"Oh, my god!" Emma shouted, grabbing the material of her shirt.

She died. Like, for real. She bled out! Breathed her last breath. So then, where was she? Heaven? If she was, why was it so empty?

"Emma."

She whirled around in the direction of where the voice came from. Her eyes widened at the person before her. "Jared?!"

The boy let out a chuckle, giving her a small wave. "Hey."

This was the most confused Emma had ever been in her entire life. "Why? H-how are you here?" she asked, an overwhelming feeling consuming her. "Wait. If you're here, then-Are you dead?!" she shouted. Jared opened his mouth to respond but Emma paid no attention. "How did you die? I'm so sorry I wasn't there-"

"Emm-"

"-to at least help you. If it was Klaus-"

"Let me ex-"

"-then he's so dead. Well, I can't really kill becau-"

"Emma!" Jared yelled, silencing the girl. "Can I please explain?" he asked, receiving a nod. "Okay, so this may be a shock, but as you know, you died."

Emma rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Captain Obvious." Jared sent her a look. "Sorry, go on."

Jared smiled. "Thank you. So, um, I'm here because, well, I'm your. . ." He trailed off at the end, making Emma cup her ear.

"You're my what?"

"I'm you're guardian angel." he finally said.

Emma stood there, staring at the boy. A guardian angel? "What?"

Jared nodded, rocking back and forth on his feet. "Yeah, I know it's hard to process. Let me further explain. I was sent down to Earth to protect you and help guide you with your gift as a seer, since as you know, a seer is a profit of sorts appointed by God."

"You certainly didn't do a good job." Emma pointed out, gesturing to where they were. Then something clicked in her head. "Hold on a second. If you are my guardian angel, then does that mean everything we've been through, the kiss and the date, was all a ruse? Were you just pretending?"

"At the beginning yes but when I k-."

Emma raised her finger, silencing him. "Wow. Is there a form I could fill out for a replacement angel?" Jared tried to speak again, but the glare she sent him stopped him. "So, if I'm dead, why am I here with you?"

"Well, because I'm your guardian-"

"Ex-guardian."

"Sure. Because I'm your guardian, I am here to inform you aren't actually dead."