• Yellow paint - Wroetozerk

Harry is the quiet art kid, Josh is the smiley, boisterous Physics student.

Harrys pov.

I sat alone in the empty art room, six muggy bristed paintbrushes were in my hands half of which still had to be cleaned. I was doing a study on the work of a French portraiture artist who took a lot do with pop art and light - I was captivated with how she used neon colour in blocks on everyday faces bringing an odd electricity to her work.

Honestly I'm still not sure why I chose to go to university for art, of course art was my skill - ask my parents I ruined the walls of my childhood home with paints and crayons for seventeen and a half years - but where will it lead me other than a room full of stoned, burnt out, once promising creatives. The campus was gorgeous from my place at the white sink of the cluttered yet comfortable studio all comfy and filled with hope - what you would expect a university campus to look like.

With a grumble I ran the brushes under the tap trying my best to remove the paint from the worn in bristles. My eye kept wondering
to the clock I was to meet up with my flatmates Callum and Cal at the local pub "The White Grouse" for a round. They would most likely bring Chris and a myriad of their aqaintences who all drink Guiness and dance to EDM. I would like always drink barely anything and head home two hours before everyone else.

I finished off and tidyed my space before leaving the art building and quickly scrawled a little reminder to myself in pen on my right fore arm.

"Buy yellow paint."

I noticed I had ran out of my own acrylic yellow and would need to put some of my next pay into heading into town and picking it up I would take Callum with me and he would suggest clubbing - like always. We would have a breif argument and I would eventually give in, go home with a stramger and wake up all bruised and my head pounding.

I entered the charming little pub at six minutes past five, my paints and utensils in my book bag and my denim jacket slightly damp from the oddly rainy june day. Being me I had left my umbrella in the flat next to my proper rain coat. My two flatmates were sitting in a booth across from the bar and appeared to be having a discussion about something it was probably about something dumb or who used the last of the milk - Also note that was me.

The Blonde one finally noticed me and waved me over, I shuffled though the lively population of the pub to the table and chucked my bag on the floor, scooting my way in beside the darker haired Callum.

"Okay, Bog is being a paelintologist stupid?" the fair haired student asked shooting a glare at the other one.

"Um, I dont think so..." I trailed off awkwardly, the two were odd but kind, nice enough to live with.

"Yeah if you want to look at ancient shit samples..." The History student grumbled taking a sip of his pint.

The conversation continued on about Dinosaurs and old books and other things I cared little for. Then they turned to me.

"you still not seeing anyone mate? you know  my friend still wants to take you out again"

"im not going out with Deji again it got weird really quickly, he kept talking about his dick" That was honestly one of my shittiest dates he took me to Nandos, talked for an hour straight and tried his best to take me home with him. I ended up going home alone and getting drunk in the flat with the Cals.

"He really liked you haz..." Yeah, but hes a fucking dick.

"Or. Haz I know you wouldnt like it but we could go into to-"
"no"
"pleaseeeee"
"no"
"Just say yes so his quiet"
"no"
"il smash your smiths record"
"you wouldnt dare"
"go with us and I wont"
"okay but your paying"

We sat in the pub for another hour and headed back to the flat to get changed and in my case mentally prepare. We caught the seven twenty three train into the city and made our way to a bar Cal was fond of named Dive. He was already buzzed and didnt care where we went.

As we went though the doors of the dimly lit bar, thumping music radiated through my skin and rumbled in my head. Almost immediately Cal had ran to the bar and ordered a round of venom shots the neon green liquid stung my throat but filled me with a happy feeling. 

All the faces blurred together as I found my way to the packed dance floor, I could feel people touching me and whistles. Callum had left me and Cal we danced happily for a while but eventually he found some girl and I made my way to the bar once  more to escape the overwhelming heat of the crowd. 

A fair faced man with a beard sat next to me and ordered two drinks - whiskey chasers. 

"A bit classy for here?" I chuckled over to him, he was quite handsome but he felt oddly familiar to me.

"nah, its cheap whiskey. Care for one?" He gestured toward the short glass, I obliged and shared a drink with him. 

We ended up sharing a few drinks - okay more than a few, and made our way to the dance floor -it started off slow and progressively became less decent. Our bodies collided to the sound of music and a holler of "GO ON BOGGO!" from what I assume was Cal. His mouth met mine in a way I didn't realise I craved. His hands going to my hair -  As everything progressed my memory becomes more foggy.

I woke up in an unknown flat in a large blue jumper a few sizes to big for me. The room was very bland and plain each wall was white and decked with bookshelves mainly textbooks about aeronautics and the laws of physics. This was definitely a students room. As I finally rose from the white duvet I noticed a note and a bottle of my usual favourite brand of acrylic paint. I smiled as I read it.

You wouldn't shut up about this paint so I got up early and got it - On me for last night. - Josh x