Chapter 11

When Percy woke up, he was being stared at by the entire team. And let me tell you, they did not look happy. Well, Thor was the exception, he still looked like he was trying to not to laugh. Percy gave a small bashful smile and a tiny wave of his hand. He was laying in his bed, and the Avengers were angrily standing at the end of his bed.

"Hey." Percy joyfully greeted, slowly rising into a sitting position, unfazed by their glares and angry stances.

"You," Steve started, pointing an accusing finger at the teen, "You have some explaining to do mister." Percy gulped, maybe he shouldn't have messed with them.

As Percy opened his mouth to speak, Tony angrily stopped him. "What on Earth made you think that was a good idea! We thought you had died!" He shouted. "Died, Percy!" He took an angry breath and huffed, "I thought, that I had just lost my newest team member."

Percy, embarrassed, shrugged and answered, "I was sleeping, and uh, well, you guys woke me up... so I kinda wanted to mess with you guys a bit." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck and continued in a small voice, "I didn't think you guys would be so scared. I've never had anyone who didn't know about my water abilities, I guess I wasn't thinking." He apologised, scared the two assassins in the room might actually kill him.

Clint tiredly ran a hand down his face. "Percy, don't EVER do that again." Percy sheepishly nodded, his demeanor no longer amused, now only apologetic.

"You gave us quite a scare there buddy." Bruce said with a smile.

Percy gave a small, confused smile. "You really thought I had drowned? None of my friends ever fell for it."

"Well," Thor smiled, "They didn't know about your ability, whereas the seven did."

"Right. The seven... they, they did.." Percy said, his eyes distant, his voice soft. The Avengers exchanged worried glances, remembering last nights flashback, triggered by his friends name.

Steve sighed deeply, and moved his hand to Percy's shoulder. "C'mon Percy, let's go watch a movie." Percy shook his head, dispelling the memories, he smiled and eagerly nodded, moving to the edge of his bed, where he was stopped by Bruce.

"Nope. Sorry Percy." Bruce said, a small grin on his face, "It's time for your check-up." Percy's face paled and he let out a nervous chuckle.

"I don't need a check-up, I'm perfectly healthy!" He said with a fake smile.

"Even if we believed that," Natasha said, deciding to help Bruce, "Which we don't, you still need a check-up. Your last check-up was when you were 12, that's five years ago."

"Yeesh," Percy grumbled, "Stalkerish much?"

Tony laughed and hauled Percy to his feet. "Let's go."

Percy tried running away a few times on the way there, always being stopped by Steve, Tony, or one of the assassins. Strangely, Thor did nothing to stop him. After Percy's sixth escape attempt, Steve picked him up in a bear hug from behind, rendering Percy powerless.

"Steve!" Percy angrily shouted, "Let me go! I don't need a stupid check-up!"

"Then why are you resisting?" Thor quizzically asked with a tilt of his head.

Percy faltered, and Steve took this moment to sprint into the lab, shoving Percy down onto the bed. "Steve!" Percy complained, attempting to push away the strong arms keeping him trapped on the bed.

"Sorry Percy." Steve confusedly said, wondering why he was resisting so much.

"Percy, you need to calm down." Bruce commanded as he entered the room, followed by the rest of the team.