Chapter One: Open For Business (editing)

(Diana's POV)

It's been some time since I've been to this god damn town. Never thought I'd actually return to the shithole known as Mystic Falls but I've travelled to worse places for the sake of business. I could gain a great deal from being here as much as I'd rather be elsewhere.

My eyes travel around my new residence, impressed with what Mystic Falls had on offer here. To think this town had some stylish places under its nose but I couldn't deny that I missed the more rustic edge that Chicago or even New Orleans offered but this place was sufficient. I suppose I have compulsion to thank for this place, one of the many god sends of being me.

I break away from the surroundings to see that my Witches had already had gotten them selves settled in their new work stations, making themselves busy with their assigned tasks

Witches are known as the servants of nature, the pure force to keep vampires like myself in check, traditionally speaking of course.

I however, am not one for tradition.

I've spent years of my immortal life searching for witches, and I spent many more saving them from cruel fates. I've always admired their raw strength and their ability to preserve themselves. I think its foolish to let this potential go to waste over some petty history. Only I have managed to unite both witches and vampires in a singular coven,  a group led by respect and not slavery.

The coven contains a numerous amount of witches and Warlocks, most were passed on to me through their families due to their fierce loyalty. Others followed me out  in hopes of gaining a purpose. These witches perform spells I need or require, I keep a small handful of them with me at all times while the others scout out places, gaining knowledge and then forwarding that back to me.

And Of course I have my Vampires, They handle anything I deem to be too dangerous for the human Witches. Safe to say they are my muscle as well as my personal group of assassins or even my debt collectors in some extreme cases.

Lastly there are the Heretics, an infusion of Vampires and Witches in one being. So far I've only been able to create two in my service but I am aware that there are others out there as rare as they are.

Everyone in my coven are family, no matter what they are. They are more then my subjects, and if anyone hurts my family safe to say you wont find yourself breathing.

"Diana, we're all set", one of my witches told me.

"Excellent, thank you Skylar", She nods with a small smile and walks away to attend to her duties. One of my newer witches, shy but has a strong line of witches in her blood. I head into my office, ready to start business.

 I head into my office, ready to start business