Chapter 1

"Mummy let's go! " I whined tucking at my mother's apron. She laughed and bend down to my level.

"But we haven't finished baking the cookies" she brought her hands to my cheeks and caressed it.

"But we need to be at the park now, unless I won't get to meet Max and Shelda"  I stomped my foot, pouting.

She sighed and looked outside through the kitchen window.

"The weather looks gloomy, I don't think their parents will let them go to the park " I looked outside, true to her words the sky was getting darker.

"But I wanna go!" I insisted

"Alright but if we don't see them, we are coming back" she told me removing her apron.

"Yey! Thank you thank you thank you! " I jumped happily, running to get my coat. "Come on!" I shouted from the front door.

"In a sec" she laughed and seconds later she appeared with her coat on and we both stepped out .

When we got to the park, I was dissapointed to not see my two bestfriends anywhere. Parents and their kids were packing their things and exiting the park.

I looked up at my mum with teary eyes. She sighed and caught a tear that dropped on my cheeks.

"Don't worry, you can meet them tomorrow" she promised bringing me into her arms. I sniffed and nodded. "now let's go home, your dad will soon be back. What do you think about cookies and buttermilk "

I smiled and we started walking to our house, when suddenly we heard gun shots. I didn't know what was happening, all I saw was two men being chased by men in suits before I was covered by the familiar front of my mother.

Then silence, I released my self and looked up to see the street empty, I turned to my mother to see her looking at me with wide eyes and her mouth gaped open. I was confused by her expression till I saw blood dripping from her mouth, then I knew nothing was okay. She fell on me and I shrieked with pain and tried to move from under her. I succeded and stood up only to fall down on my knees by what I saw, my mother's white coat had turned to red, there was a hole in the middle of her back.

"No! No! Mother! "

I woke up with a jolt and breathe heavily. This was not the first time I had this vivid dream. It was so clear, exactly like how it happened.

I sighed and looked at the time on my bedside table. It read 3am. I relaxed back and tried closing my eyes.

Today is my 17th birthday and it marks the 10th year of my mother's death

Yes she died on my birthday

A tear dropped from my eye and I gripped the blanket hard to avoid a loud sob so not to wake up dad. But it wasn't easy to control.

I don't like today, I hate today.

I cried silently more and more till I drifted off to sleep.

What a happy birthday

.............................................................  
So here is the first chapter, I hope you like it.

Pls don't forget to vote, comment and share. Thanks.

Succey.