Chapter 11- Rain

The first scene is before the epilogue from the last chapter, btw. I hope it makes sense.
Also, I just realised that I have been spelling Lafayette's nickname wrong. I think. It's "Laff", not "Laf". Oops.
Alex
Eliza: Hey hon
Eliza: Can you meet me outside the dormitory buildings? It's important
Alex felt the pit in his stomach enlarge as he scanned over the texts just sent to him. He groaned, glancing over to John's untouched bedroom, not been opened for what felt like forever, but would've only been not even a day. Alexander panged and longed to see him, even so. He missed John so much. It would seem ridiculous to anyone else, but less than 24 hours felt like weeks and weeks to Alex, especially when the guilt from the night before still tingled through his body.
He decided to write another note to John, explaining how he didn't know about "everything" that had happened to him.
He hesitantly wrote the words "I love you." At the bottom, hoping no one else would stumble across it and discover his secret.
After collecting his things for his classes, he met Laf outside his door after closing it. "Eliza wants me to meet her outside the dorm buildings. You still want to come with me to next class?"
Laf shrugged. "Oui, i do want to have a word with her anyway."
Alex nodded solemnly, silently walking towards the elevator.
Once stepping foot outside the building, Alex spotted Eliza standing in the crispy air, staring down every leaf that fell. Catching eyes with the dark haired teen, she swooped next to the duo and continued walking beside them, not even saying good morning or placing a kiss on Alexander's cheek (not that it bothered him.)
After a brief silence, Eliza finally cracked her head up. "Ok Alex, what the hell were you thinking? Peggy told me what happened, and I am just blown away. Like, what the hell?" Alex froze up at Eliza's words, quite raw and new to Eliza's harsh tone.
Laf seemed to already be prepared and waiting for this, as he immediately retorted back, "Eliza, he did not know of John's fragility. Let it go."
Eliza stopped an turned to Lafayette. "Laf, how can you be so calm about this?"
"Because Alex did not know, nor did he understand how... deeply John would be affected." Laf answered, wisdom cutting through his voice.
"Yeah, but... I..." Eliza seemed to be at a loss for words.
"Alex did not know how...ah, how you say... cruel Henry Laurens is." Lafayette continued, 'I'm sure now Alexander understands and will be cautious next time, ai-je raison?"
Alex nodded quickly, not wanting to pitch in to the argument. "Oui."
Eliza hung her head in thought, leading them into the main campus. "I'm still not sure... something doesn't add up. I mean, Peggy told me that John explained that all there was was yelling, nothing more. But still, he's taken yelling many times before, so what was different now? Did something else happen?"
Alex stuttered. "I-i no, nothing bad happened, I-" Eliza raised an eyebrow and gave Alexander a fierce look, he pulled his hand to the back of his neck and rubbed it paranormally. "I just... I'm not lying!"
In one swift move, Eliza had Alexander's collar in her fist and gripping it tightly. "Alexander Hamilton, I love you, but you better be telling the fucking truth, otherwise I swear to god you will pay."
Alex nodded hurriedly, genuinely scared of the bubbling rage in Eliza's beady black eyes. She sighed, letting her grasp of Alexander fall as she continued walking.
He stood in perplexity and shock from Eliza's sudden aggressiveness, then shook his head and straightened his collar, rushing up beside her. "Can you just tell me where he is?"
Eliza turned to Alex. "He's in my dorm." Alex was about to retort when Eliza held up a finger. "But, I ask you not to go in there. No contact with him, don't talk to him, don't call him. Just... give him some space." Alex shifted his gaze to his fiddling hands. "Please, Alex. If you really are genuinely sorry, and you care for him, let him have this. He needs some time to think. Give him a day." Eliza lifted his chin up softly so Alex had no choice but to gaze into her engulfing jet-black eyes.
Of course I care for him. I'm in love with him. Alex desperately had the urge to scream out those words that were spoken in his brain, but knew that he was restrained by his own mind from doing so. "Alright."
Eliza smiled gently and leaned over to peck him on the cheek. "Thanks, hon. Love you!" She turned on her black designer heels and strode across the corridor, joining a conversation with Theodosia and Maria as they soon vanished around a corner. Alex looked back at Laf. "Girls can be so confusing sometimes. And scary."
"Oui, I agreed. She scared the crap out of me, I know for sure." Alex and Laf shared a look before bursting into unneeded laughter, wondering across to their first class together as they did.