Chapter 28: Reunions and a Brighter Future

We can't believe the book is almost done, thank you so much for all our supporters. Only 3 more chapters and we will be done. There may be a new book in the future who knows...

xoxo

TNG

The light is excruciating and makes the task of opening my eyes almost impossible. The world is blurry and I hear faint talking in the distance as i slowly open one eye a bright beam of sunlight makes its way straight to my eye and i need to blink a few times, a brightness surrounds me I blink few times but still can't seem to get the glare out.

"Oh, Amelia you're up!" Lillian says. She looks awful. "Thank goodness, honestly even the Doctors were worried you would pull through. They said you weren't trying to fight it or something."

I mumbled something unintelligible, but my years of friendship with Lillian pulled through somehow and she answered my question.

"Oh babe, you've been in a coma for the past five days." She says.

Pulling myself together a little, I force some words out of my mouth.

"Where's Alec?" I say quietly.

"Where's Alec? WHERE'S ALEC? BITCH, I've been waiting here for days for you and the first thing you say to me is WHERE'S ALEC. AM I NOT RELEVANT ENOUGH FOR YOU? WHY DID-" She speaks to me in a jokey way, but I know she means it.

"Hey Lillian, just go. You've been here a long time, go home for a bit. I'll be with her." A male voice says.

"ALEC CHANDLER! YOU'VE BEEN HERE FOR 120 HOURS LIVING OFF THE COFFEE IN THE CAFE AND YOU DARE SAY I'VE BEEN HERE A LONG TIME? I FEEL SO UNAPPRECIATED HERE! I CARE ABOUT HER TOO, WHY CAN'T EITHER OF YOU SEE TH-" Well, at least she's not shouting at me anymore.

"Chill woman, I'll call if she wakes up. I can't deal with this shit right now as well as the fact I put Amelia into a coma." Alec says lethargically. If Lillian looks bad, he looks like death. But, like hot death, you know?

"Well, that's what I was getting into pretty boy. I have a surprise for you, guess who just w-" She says smugly, but I cut her off.

"Alec," I look at him with wide eyes.

"Amelia? You're up?" He rushes over to me.

"UGHHDHHD YOU PEOPLE." Lillian said exasperated.

He comes closer to me so we face each other, I try smile cutely (he's hot and an actual softie okay) but I think I lost all control over my facial expression, so I just end up grinning like a maniac and there is nothing I can do about it. How embarrassing.

We talk for ages before I can finally persuade him to go home - I mean the poor thing has been here for five days without sleep.

It's been a few days and I'm still in the hospital, but I'm getting better slowly. People pop in unannounced to show their love, giving presents and getting well soon cards. I pretend to sleep, because they are all so two-faced. It's like before I nearly died they were more than happy to bad-mouth me, and now that I've brushed with death because of a car accident (unless Alec said anything they probably don't know about the attempted suicide). I just don't want to face them answer their stupid questions. Ugh, society is so messed up.

I wake up one morning with a light haze of sunlight drifting into my room, I blink a few times and notice the table with the get well soon cards has grown. I wonder who came to visit me? I notice a small box right at the end of my book. It's glittery and I can't help but be intrigued by it.

I sit myself up and try to stretch my weak arm over to grab it. Its really light, I open it and there is a small note in it. It's in the most beautiful cursive.

Hey Amelia,

It's been me all along.

Can you guess who?

I know your starbucks order,

Now I bought you earrings matching with the dress,

Any clue? Don't stress.

I've always been here for you,

Through drunk and sober times too,

And when I'm not with you,

I feel kind of blue.

By the way I love you!

I know this sounds cheesy,

And for me this isn't easy,

But it's me and I know you can tell who it is.

Love,

Your secret ( well, not so secret anymore) admirer

There is a pair or ombre turquoise earrings in the box too, they are beautiful and match the dress so perfectly. My mind is rattling, I wonder who it is?

"Knows my Starbucks order?"

---

"Fuck!" he hissed.

My beloved caramel frappuccino was all over his white shirt.

---

Well, that makes sense. I guess. But it could be Zach too, he used to make me coffee.

"Now I bought you earrings matching with the dress."

Huh? Well, I thought it was Zach, but I never knew for sure I guess it could've been Alec.

"Through drunk and sober times too"

Well, this is most definitely Alec. For some reason he is a magnet for the drunk me.

"By the way I love you!"

But this doesn't sound like either of them. Zach cheated on me several times and Alec is a player. He doesn't do love. BUt it is more likely Alec.

It has to me Alec. That dress for the masquerade ball was all him. I can't believe it! Alec bought me that wonderful dress! Everything seems to click into place.

He is an amazing guy and maybe the emotionless act is just a shield a barrier for what he is truly feeling. I've been feeling close to him since day one and I have never really realized why until now. The beach house all those times I was drunk you can't say we don't have a history.

I realize only now I love him.

I hear a knock from the door as I read over the letter. It's Alec, just my luck! I need to tell him how I feel, share my emotions with him, I know he likes me too. I want to confess all of my feelings and share them with him. Maybe we could build a future? Is this too much?

"So you got my riddle?" He says. Ugh, I swear I nearly start crying he's too beautiful and I'm clearly unstable.

I slowly get out of bed, quite unsteady. I still have bruises all down my spine and stomach, a huge glass wound on my left leg and a minor concussion. I hop over to him with my right leg and he catches me right before I fall. Well, my confession is going great!

"Amelia, go back to bed. Are you trying to kill yourself?" He says in a worried tone.

Before he could say another word, I grab his head, lean and kiss him. 

What an ending, please vote comment and follow us!!!

TNG