||CHAPTER 2||

Even though I wished and wished that the universe would blow up so I wouldn't have to go to school and face those blue eyes and raven hair, it wouldn't

So, I decided to play the classic sick card. 

I laid in bed with the covers pulled over my head, and once I heard my mother's footsteps I knew it was showtime.

"Elizabeth, do you know what time it is?!" Her voice said, "you're going to be late."

I pulled the covers off of me "Mom, I don't feel so good."

She sat down, then felt my forehead "you feel fine to me."

"No really, I think it would be good if I stayed home today," I told her then faking a cough.

"Honey, I know what it is," she said.

I panicked. Had she somehow found out about that night? Did I maybe talk about Jughead in my sleep or something?

"You don't feel comfortable going to school since Serpents are going to be there."

I blew out a sigh of relief "yeah, you caught me."

"Listen, as hard as it's going to be we're just going to have to start getting used to it," she told me "but, can you promise one thing for me?"

I nodded, "anything."

"Just...don't talk to any of those Serpents. None. Zero" she told me.

"I won't," I told her "I promise."

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was at eight-thirty on the dot that the formal students from South Side High walked in.

I was standing next to Archie and Veronica when it happened, and when it did. Everyone went quiet.

The teenage Serpents walked down the hall together almost as if they were part of a wolf pack. Some people were whispering, others were silent, and if you were Kevin you were filming this and planning to put it on your Instagram Story.

Then, I saw him.

Jughead was at the front of the line, next to a girl with pink hair and a guy with a Serpent tattoo on his neck.

Jughead wore a beanie, I assumed it was the one he had told me about. He also wore one of the "S" shirts and his Serpent jacket.

"Do you think they know where they're going?" I heard Veronica whisper to Archie.

He shrugged, and then Jughead turned in my direction.

He saw me.

His eyes widened, and he clenched his jaw.

Then, before I knew it he started walking towards me.

Why did I have to be staring right at him? Maybe if I wasn't he wouldn't have noticed me.

Why did I have to kiss him that night? Why did I have to feel his touch that haunted my thoughts and his voice that had made my heart skip a beat? 

Before I knew it, I was running away from Jughead yet again.

But, I then felt a hand grab my arm.

I remembered when he had done the same thing at the trailer, I turned to him and saw Jughead in front of me.

"I haven't forgotten, Juliet," he told me.

The bell rang, and I pulled my arm away, running to class.

Once I had made it there, I prayed that no one had seen Jughead and I's encounter in the hall.