Wallpaper tells you more than needed

"Oh hey, your phone is ringing" Miki reaches for the phone on the table and gives it to its owner.

Ryo raises an eyebrow and acceps it. He looks at the screen and Miki can't help but peek at it too. She gulps.

"Uhh.. Ryo?"

"Hm?"

She blinks at him and tilts head. "Why is your wallpaper... a picture of Akira?"

Ryo freezes. He never expected anyone to look at his phone so he didn't think this through. There's a moment of silence before he answers.

"That's none of your business."

Miki grins. "What do you mean not my business? Me and Akira are super close, he's like my brother!"

Ryo bites his lip at hearing such unpleasant words. Miki doesn't notice it and nudges him with her elbow. "Come on Ryo, explain!"

"Just take Akira's bag and go already." He says coldly and stands up.

She smiles and starts getting suspicious. "Cold, are we? Did I hurt you somehow?"

"No." Has she always been this annoying? "It's not how it looks like."

"And how does it look like? That wallpaper, you know."

He turns around and his cheeks form a pink color. "I don't know."

"Geez. Ryo!"

Miki laughs slightly and grabs Akira's bag. "I wanted to help you with Akira but you're so stubborn." She pulls out a tongue at him.

Ryo's eyes widen in surprise. She. What?

"What?..." is all he could say loud.

"Don't play dumb. Or you don't mind me taking Akira then?"

"No, wait-" he says quickly before thinking.

Miki laughs in victory. "Here we go, finally you said something from your heart."

"I take it back, do whatever you want."

"Cool. Then I'll go ask Akira out and thank you for your permission."

Fuck. FUCK!

Okay, calm down Ryo. If she does it, you can kill her later... Kill her? NO. Akira would be sad. I can't. I can't...

"NO."

"And? Why not?" It was clear she was just messing with him but Ryo didn't want to risk not playing along. Miki seemed to have fun.

"Because."

"You're really no fun."

I can't stand her. But... she might be useful somehow... I have no interest of telling her anything though. Telling her... what exactly?

"Miki," he gives her a serious look. "Don't do that. Ever."

"Because you're jealous."

"Yea- No. I mean... I..."

Miki can't stop smiling. Ryo looks confused so she lets him be for now. Just for now. She lets go of the bag and turns around.

"You know what, I'll text Akira to come for his bag himself. Who am I, his slave? I have to go."

She waves in hurry. "Bye then and see you later! And don't worry, there's nothing between me and Akira, at least for now."

She quickly disappears. Ryo is watching her speechless and lost in his thoughts.