The Miraculous Comet // Act Two

I. LETTERS
"I see nothing but the candle in the mirror, no visions of the future, so lost and alone."

In nineteenth century Paris, we all write letters.

It was just so much easier to put whatever was happening in your mind in writing. When you see it on the page, you would feel the sense of clarity as it's done and signed.

Dear Nino, my old friend,

How goes the war? Are you marching on the Russians splendidly? I would imagine the canons cracking and crying, the bullets whistling and singing, and the air reeking with smoke. I wish I were there, death at my heels.

Nathanael is recovering, he will be alright in good hands. Marinette is also in town, your wonderful bride to be so full of life and mischief. I should probably visit her. I hear she's more beautiful than ever, and I envy your happiness with her.

Here at home, nothing's changed. I drink and read, but I've found solutions. I've studied the Kabal, and calculated the number of the beast - it is Napoleon: six-hundred three score and six. I'll kill him one day, he's no great man.

None of us are remembered, we're caught in the wave of history. Either nothing matters, or everything matters. It's all the same over and over again. If only I could not see this dreadful terrible it.

Signed, Adrien.

Dear Nino...

Marinette didn't know what to write with everything that has been happening. She loved Nino, but the other man too. She debated breaking off with Luka, and had all these terrible questions in her head.

Dear Countess Marinette,

I'm in deep despair at the misunderstanding between us, whatever my father's feelings may be. I beg you to believe that I cannot help having you with us, and we shouldn't listen to the tired old man, but we ask for your forgiveness.
Please, come see us again.

Yours Truly, Chloe Bourgeois.

Dear Princess Chloe...

Marinette still didn't know what to write, what to do, and believed she would never regain true happiness after all the foul she's committed.

Adrien, Marinette, and Chloe were all stuck with terrible questions flooding through their veins, the sense of loneliness haunting them as their minds we're focused on the motions their pens would make. What they thought about was far from fantasy; they could not see the future or a man through the reflections in the mirror, they were so lost and numb.

Dear Marinette,

It was the beginning of a love letter. Nathanael also loved Marinette, and wrote a letter to her. However, he left it in Luka's room during the ball, and Luka misinterpreted it as Nath writing the letter for him to send to Marinette. It was left unsigned, but he could tell it was his friend's handwriting. He was very unaware of the love he and his friend shared.