Unknown

The wolf had grown more antsy as time passed, but Jamie couldn't understand why. He hadn't fed him yet, because he wanted his brother to be there, just in case, but every time he sent him a thought message, he got no response. 

It wasn't exactly odd for him to not reply sometimes, especially when he was busy or resting, but it was starting to make him worry.  

A deep rumble echoed from the holding area, drawing his attention to the monitor so that he could see where the wolf was. His eyebrows rose slightly as he watched the wolf stalk toward the door, then jump up. Jamie turned just in time to see its giant claws latch onto the edge of the small window and haul its body up enough so that it could stand on its back legs and look through. 

He slowly turned the pivoting chair he was sitting in toward the window, but realized almost right away that the wolf wasn't even looking at him. He's looking... past me? He turned toward the hallway door, putting his feet down to stop abruptly when he saw someone staring in through the window there. 

Who is that...? 

The brown haired man was ignoring him, too. His focus was completely on the wolf. 

Uh, hey, bro? He thought to Jared, trying a bit harder than he had earlier to reach him. 

He only got back a muffle of what felt like confusion, then pain, before the connection went blank again. 

Okay. Something's up. 

He got to his feet, the movement making the man looking in at them jerk his head abruptly toward him. Jamie jumped a little, startled by the movement. It reminded him of something that he'd seen quite a bit recently... 

It only took him a minute to put the pieces together. 

"The hawk. You're the hawk. You jerk your head just like him, but why are you here?" He said aloud. 

He wasn't about to let it inside to answer his question, though. Something was wrong with his brother and the hawk was out of its containment area. Jamie licked his lips, a nervous habit he'd developed over the years. He had to carry chapstick with him everywhere or his lips got damaged from the over-attention. 

Side-stepping toward the intercom button on the wall by the computer, he watched the hawk watch him. The young man slowly raised an arm to wrap his knuckles against the glass several times, but Jamie just continued on his way toward the button, pressing it the moment his hand made contact with it. A small alarm sounded as he leaned forward.

"Attention. This facility is now on lock down. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. All personnel are to secure any enclosures they are currently working in and make their way to a safe room. All exits are to be immediately sealed off from the outside until police arrive." 

 He released the button as the hawk knocked again, his lips turning down into a frown. Jamie refused to take a single step closer. If he somehow got inside, he could get to the wolf. 

"You aren't coming in here bud, sorry." He said, narrowing his eyes on the man as he did the same, glaring at him as his head cocked to the side. 

The stare unnerved him, but he held his ground. When several tense seconds passed, the man's expression changed to one of slight confusion. He narrowed his eyes again, but stopped after a moment and scowled. 

Is he mad that I'm not letting him in after just glaring at me? 

Jamie was in the middle of rolling his eyes when Jared's voice suddenly broke into his thoughts. 

Don't let him near you! He can get inside your head! If he's glaring at you, get away from him! 

Jamie stumbled backward at the force of his words, nearly choking on his own breath from the shock.