twenty-one

As soon as Benny came home, he ran into his room and sat down at his computer. He pulled up his video chat and called Ellie right away.

"Hey, B,"  Ellie said from his computer screen.

"El, I just got one of the most amazing things in the universe," he said eagerly to his camera.

"Do I need to go to Ethan's?"  she asked.
"Yes! You two are going to love it!" Benny convinced her.

"I'll be there in five," she smiled, quickly hanging up the call.

Benny jumped out of his room, said bye to his Grandma, and hopped onto his bike to ride a few houses down to the Morgan's residence.

"Benny!"
He turned around and saw Ellie on her bike just a few feet away. They both stopped at Ethan's house and parked their bikes in the front lawn.

"What did you get?" she asked, excited. Benny held it behind his back as she tried to grab it. "Nope! You have to wait until I show Ethan, too." 
"Awh, what! Fine!"

They went up the stairs as soon as Sarah let them in and ran into Ethan's room.
"Dude, your parents are gone and we have the house to ourselves," he exclaimed to Ethan. "Well, except for your sister and Sarah, your babysitter."

"Benny has a surprise and he wouldn't tell me until we were in here, and now we are!" Ellie added, trying once again to steal whatever Benny had from behind his back.

"Does it rhyme with 'gideo vames'?" Ethan asked him.
"Almost... Knights of Ninjutsu 4!"

He whipped it from behind his back as Ethan and Ellie stared in surprise.

"What!" Ellie exclaimed, finally getting to hold it in her hands.

"I had to wait five hours in line for this puppy and I had to pee the entire time!" Benny shouted while Ethan took the game from Ellie.

"This is going to be worth every bit of kidney damage! Wait, why do we need an empty house for this?" Ethan asked him.

"You know, so we can yell and stuff," Benny answered.
"You both yell in here all the time! My mom is constantly telling you two to—!"

"Do you wanna play or not?" Benny and Ellie yelled.
They looked at one another as they all ran to Ethan's computer.

------------

"No! It's not fair!"
Ethan complained as he sat fixing the wires in his computer. "I can't believe the processor burnt out right now! If I could jump these cables, I could probably get it working."

"Maybe, we could use a minor reparation spell," Benny suggested as he and Ellie flipped through their spellbook. "It can fix anything. It says so right here."

Ethan suddenly cheered as he got the processor working again. "Booyah! We're back in business."

"Yeah, sword chopping business!"
Ellie shook her head. "More like 'killing Benny' business."

"Hey!"

------------

"Guys, you might wanna see this!" Sarah yelled from the other room.

The three geeks paused the game and groaned, throwing their controllers onto Ethan's desk.
"Sarah, what could be more important than sword-wielding robot ninjas right now!"

Before Ethan and Ellie could add to Benny's cavil, they entered the doorway of Jane's bedroom to find a life-sized resurrected doll holding hands with Jane.
Ellie's face fell as one of her nightmares literally came to life in front of her eyes.