Stop Staring!

Those were serious accusations. Ridiculous accusations. Absurd accusations! Vincent, a murderer? Scott, dead? 

Yet Vincent still seemed threatened by them. Could they have some basis in truth? You doubted it.

In the end, Vincent finally managed to throw Mike out of his house. (The wording may or may not be in the literal sense) You could sense the tension that still hung in the air after that, so you saw yourself out.

You wanted to confront Mike about it. (What on Earth had he been talking about?) But it was so hard to get him these days. Every time you called, you were left on voice mail. He was never out and about. You didn't know where he lived, either. You did know, however, where he worked.

On Monday, you decided you would catch him before he entered the building.

It was freezing. You yawned. Your breath fogged in the air in front of you. You wish you had worn a heavier jacket. Or possibly a scarf. You pulled your hands out from under your armpits to check your watch in the light of the moon. It was 11:23. You were nearly an hour early. Your mind thought to the pizzeria unwillingly. You stared longingly at the building. 

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to wait inside. It would be safe, because the animals only "came to life" after 12. 

Luckily for you, the door was unlocked. You weren't very surprised. Leave it to Fazbear's to have shitty security precautions. No matter, it didn't care to you. It's not like anybody would want to rob the place, anyway.

You leaned next to the doors with your back against the wall. You jumped when the door slammed shut with a bang. You forgot it did that. 

It was even darker in here than outside. You were filled with a sudden anxiety. You warily regarded the animatronics, standing stock still on stage. You were sweating a little, despite the cold.

You hugged yourself for reassurance and slid down the wall. You decided to count the ceiling tiles, rather than thinking about the animatronics. 

You must of fallen asleep at some point, because you woke to the far off moaning of an animatronic.

Wait, what?

Your eyes flew to your watch. You rubbed them, trying to get them to adjust. After four o' clock?! Oh, shit.

Sure enough, when you checked, all of the animatronics that should have been on the stage were gone. The most obvious thing to do was to get to the office. The office = safety. Or at least it was the safest place in the pizzeria. It surely granted you more protection than huddling next to the door did. And the office should be where Mike is! Brilliant!

 And then you remembered the absence of the animatronics. You gulped. Who knew where they were now? 

You started to reconsider. Was it really so dangerous here, next to the doors? You hadn't been killed yet, and it had been two hours since the robots woke up. You could just stay here the whole night! 

The distant noise of metal footsteps changed your mind once again. You took your shoes off and ran in your socks (as to make as little noise as possible) to the opposite direction of where the noise was coming from. You ended up in the dining room. You scanned the area, checking for danger. When you decided the coast was clear, you ventured across the room. You knew the way to the office from here. Now you just had to pray you didn't run in to any animatronics.

It seemed you were on a lucky streak tonight, because you never did. First the doors were unlocked, and now you wouldn't be stuffed into a suit! Best day ever! (You had low standards.)

You cautiously sneaked up to the office window, shoes still in hand. You peered into it, instantly spotting Mike.

He was asleep! He rested on the desk, arms protecting his head. What on Earth?

Your gaze rested curiously on him for a while, before you noticed something  big and yellow in the corner.

Lazily, you looked up to see what it was. You quickly found out, that not only was it big and yellow, it was also deadly.

It was Chica. Not only staring at Mike, but staring at a defenseless Mike.

It was just now you realized both office doors were open. It was no wonder how she had gotten in.

You were about to yell out to Mike, to warn him, but the scream caught in your throat and you choked on it. The chicken had started to stare at you instead. Mike started to stir as you stared back, frozen in horror.

Mike groggily lifts his head. He runs a hand over his face. He slowly turns to the right, where Chica resides next to him.

You had stopped looking at Chica by this point and were once again looking at Mike. Though you could still feel her stare going straight through you.

You braced yourself for a scream from him, or possibly a scream from yourself as you were tackled to the ground by a certain 100 ton chicken, but neither happened. Instead, the most bizarre thing did. Something more bizarre than the thought of robots trying to kill poor security guards as they worked for absolutely no reason.

"Sorry..." he mumbled. "Did I fall asleep? I'm super fucki—... I'm super tired." You couldn't help but notice that he censored himself, even though you probably had far more important things to think about right now. Like how you wanted to die. Or that you knew you should have written your will before now. 

The robot, unsurprisingly, didn't reply. It just continued to stare at you, which was a decision you were not exactly fond of.

You couldn't see Mike's face, but he seemed confused. He spun around in the swivel chair, trying to figure out what Chica was staring at. His eyes came to rest on you.

"OH MY GOD! Y/n?!"

You were sweating. You offered an uncertain smile and a flimsy wave, as you tried to ignore the yellow chicken in the background.

"Um..." Mike put his hands in his lap and his eyes moved off to the side. "You must be confused as to why I'm fine with one of the supposedly murderous animatronics watching over me as I sleep."

Confused was an understatement.