[Day 1: Past]

~3rd Person PoV~

As the dark haired male walked through the laboratory's hallways, Alain saw some pictures that held good memories for him. Seeing the photos, he went near to the wall where the frames hung. He took one and removed it from the wall and looked at it. He smiled at the memory that was brought back.

"Hey!!! Whatcha got there???" A voice suddenly surprised him from behind. Because of the sudden call, Alain then instinctively hid the picture frame and turned around to face who it was.

"Mairin... How many times do I have to tell you??? Don't sneak up on people!" Alain scolded the short redhead.

Mairin just stuck up her tongue while smiling. "Heh... Sorry. I had no idea you were surprised."

The blue eyed male just sighed, being annoyed by the shorter female.

"Shouldn't you be helping Professor Sycamore with organizing his files?" Alain asked Mairin.

"Already done! He said I could roam around the lab again." The redhead female answered. "Although those files were a huge pain in the back. They were sooooo heavy!!!"

'Coming from you who's quite a potato couch...' Alain thought.

"So... Back to my question earlier. What do you have there? A picture?" Mairin insisted.

"N-nothing..." Alain denied, tightening his grip on the frame he was holding. Sure, they were friends and all, but he didn't want Mairin to see his pictures when he was still young.

"Oh come on!!! You can show me!!!" The brown eyed female insisted.

Alain just shook his head. "No..."

"Awwwwwww... Pretty please???~" Mairin begged him with... Puppy eyes.

Looking at the shorter female nearly begging him to show the item he was holding, he tried to hesitate, but he then gave up.

'I just can't bear that cuteness of her sometimes...' He admitted to himself. 'But that clumsiness is too annoying...' 

"Fine..." Alain sighed in defeat. Mairin then could be heard cheering for herself that she won. She then adjusted the white lab coat she wore, making it a bit straighter than before.

The blue eyed male then handed over the picture frame to the brown eyed female. The female gladly accepted it and looked at it.

In the picture had a boy, about seven years old, wearing a small hat that had a shape of a cone and had different colors. He was wearing a yellow button-up shirt and an orange jacket. Together with him were two older people; a male and a female. The male wore a dark blue long sleeved shirt, which had the sleeves folded, and black pants. The female on the other hand, wore a light blue top with white jeans. There was also a cake present and confetti was scattered all over the place.

"Oh... Is this you, Alain???" Mairin asked the person beside her, pointing at the small boy. Alain answered with a nod.

"Awww!!!~ You look so cute in here!!!" She said. After hearing this, the male blushed from the comment he received.

As Mairin looked closer onto the photo, she noticed something and realized something she hadn't known.

"Wait... Is Professor Sycamore and Sophie your parents???"

Alain was quite rather surprised by the sudden question. He didn't get the question much though, but it still surprised him it being from her. He nodded in response.

"WHAT?!?? Really???" Mairin suddenly yelled. "You never told me they were your parents!!!"

"You didn't ask..." Alain answered... His tone being emotionless.