Chapter 33 〰️ Revived

Lia's POV

"Uhm, hey Tanya," I hugged her reluctantly, watching the confusion on both Dad and Rydel.

I couldn't blame them....I was shocked myself.

"You guys know each other?"

"We go to the same school."

"What a small world," even during family meetings she acted the slutty way she does.

How can an angel give birth to the devil?

*************

"Okay Lia," Tanya sighed, plopping down on my bed, making her blonde curls bounce. "Now that we're step sisters and all..."

"We're not officially that," I sucked in a harsh breath, making her roll her eyes.

"Look, Lia. I love my mother. I'm more than happy that she's finally found your father...and I'm kind of glad that she found a man who has a daughter like you. I don't want to ruin it for her...I know I'm a literal bitch.."

You don't say!

"But I have my reasons. I know I hurt Ted, but I also have my reasons. And I'm happy that he found Andrea...Im not going to cause anymore harm. So can we please start over?"

Imagine your bully of thirteen years asking for a do over...

That's mental.

I honestly wasn't up for bullshit...I wasn't ready for weird stares at school.

I wasn't up for getting closer to Tanya for her to meet up with Jackson behind my back.

"Alright," I sighed, watching her squeal lightly. "But no hanging out at school."

"Deal," she smiled, bringing her hands out for me to shake, "sisters?"

I could only agree...besides, she does have a point. If we're both seeking our parent's happiness, then perhaps getting along wouldn't be so hard...

I hope not.

"Deal."

"Awesome! So... I gotta admit. I love your glow up. Where've you been hiding?"

Her question made me smile, knowing too well half of the school was wondering why I've been in a shell.

My appearance never changed... neither did my style. I was just a lot more confident.

I'm scared I'm going to have trouble keeping up with it after what happened between Ross and I.

I need him the way my lungs need air.

"It's not really that I've been hiding," I shrugged, lightly as she took a good look at my room, "it's that I've been noticed now."

"Teach me your ways."

"What is there to teach you? People call you the queen."

"That was before the king was over reigned," her words came out too quickly, almost as if she never even did a double take before talking.

Honestly girl, you can have him. I'd rather live peacefully than have a hot athlete who carries drama and drags around hot chicks' drooling.

"The school is a kingdom, Lia. There's a king, and based on that king comes the queen. If the king loses his reign, the queen comes down along with him. And sometimes, it's all she owns...meaning losing it, would cause her to lose everything."

"That never meant you had to make him fall for you to be shattered later on," I squared my arms, shaking my head as she rolled her eyes popping her bubblegum.