The Journal

Chapter 3 ~ The Journal

Ian's P.O.V.

I walked up the stairs of Melanie and I's soon-to-be old apartment, thinking of out new house. We've been dating for such a long time, and I this should bring us even closer.

"Ian!", I heard Melanie yell with joy from the other side of the hallway, in front of our apartment room.
"Hey babe!," I said running up to her and planting a peck on her lips, "Everything packed?".
"Yep! Can you believe we're moving into and actual house...together!"' she said excitedly.
"Ya, I just can't wait to be in a house with my favorite girl in the world," I said, earning a giant hug from Melanie.
"Alright, well I'll go give the keys to our landlord. be right back!". Melanie walked away to the front of our complex, leaving me with an empty apartment.

I walked into the vacant room for the last time. Mel and I had a lot of memories here. As I was taking a stroll down Memory Lane, I stepped on what seemed to be an old leather diary. Curious, I picked it up and opened it to the first page.

It immediately hit me. I closed the book, not knowing what to do with it. It almost felt as if the book itself was burning my hands as I held it. I thought I threw this thing away...
"Alright, Everything's ready! Let's go babe!", I heard Melanie say behind me. Startled, I quickly put the book in my back pocket and faked a smile, still dazed from finding this awful thing.
"Okay, let's go then!"

The entire drive to our new house was the most uncomfortable I had ever been. Melanie seemed to know I wasn't in a good mood, so she avoided conversation and fell asleep. The book, still in my pocket, was taunting me. Maybe just a look and everything would be fine, right?

I regret looking.
___________________________

Hope you guys are enjoying my book so far!!!:) thanks for reading, I know it's a little rusty, but I promise it's gonna get better! or maybe not.. Lol I well

-smosh_obsessed_ .x <3