Prologue.

It was a dark stormy night.

That's how it always starts, doesn't it?

    The night sky, was pitch black of any light before a streak of lightning clashed through. The thunder roared against the heavy rain, that caused a stream down the streets. Though, that didn't stop her. Running her way through the storm, the pouring rain didn't concern her. Neither did the blood that bled from the gashing wound on her body.

    The red stained the lavender color of her dress. No matter how much she loved it, she could always buy another. If she could. Her hand gripped the handle of the basket, till an excruciating pain stung her palm. The pain in her heart was much greater. The ear-shattering cries of the baby, wrapped in blankets, one covering the little one to protect it from the rain.

    "Almost there Y/n...be patient with me.." The woman begged with breathless pants. Her running saw no end, but a few falls and stumbles. Scrapping her bare hands and knees on the wet pavement only fueled her more to keep going. In the distance, the honey-colored lights that lit a path granted a sense of relief. Her legs burned in agony, but she pushed herself further down the path.

    House after house, gradually grew, along with the cries and whimpers from the baby. The woman begged and cried for the child to be silent as she drew closer. A mansion. Familiar to her eyes. Light emitted from a room upstairs, giving her a signal that someone could retrieve the little one.

    Hurrying up the steps, she wept along with the child before setting the basket before the front door. "I'm sorry...I can't..let that monster have you...not my only child, not my only daughter." The woman cried as she lifted the blanket to reveal the baby that squirmed in its basket.

    Once the large eyes of the baby met the mother, she cooed at the sight of her. Despite the gushing scar that was carved into her face, she was still noticeable. The woman wept with a smile as she leaned closer to the baby, kissing its forehead. The blood that stained her lips, marked the bare forehead of the baby, who cooed to its mother's touch. "I love you Y/n..remember this..always.." The mother sighed, as she arranged an envelope onto the baby's chest, to where the envelope was seen without a second blink of an eye.

    The baby mindlessly babbled, playing with the finger her mother held before her. "I will hate myself forever, won't I? Even beyond the grave." The mother pitifully said with a bitter tone. Though her self-pity, was ended as the light from within the home transferred downstairs, and a shadow showed through the window. The mother forced herself up from her knees and forced her shaking legs closer to the door to repeatedly pound her fist against the door.

    Then, the woman ran off, just before the person who answered the door could spot her. It was a maid. She was short with bright red hair and blue eyes. Not one thing stuck out about her than that alone. Her eyes peered down to the basket, hearing the whines, and sniffles from the baby. This sent her heart turning and chest twisting in fear. "Oh, my- Lady Gabrielle! Sir Bruce, come quickly!" She frantically called, running back into the home to fetch her masters.

    Within a matter of seconds, the couple was by the front door, dressed in their finest silk for the night. "Oh my, Meredith was right. There is a baby here." The woman says, tightening the cloth of her robe over her cleavage. The man peaks his head further, peering side to side for any sign of a person. Anyone at all, especially anyone who dared to leave a child on his porch. "Not a trace left behind, Gabrielle call the-" The man paused as he saw his wife kneel before the basket.

    She would look into the eyes of the baby, whose cries ended at the sight of her. "My, her eyes are gorgeous. White and pure as snow too." She says as she reached into the basket for the baby. "White? Perhaps she's blind." The man says. The woman would stand with the baby in her arms. "Look Bruce, there's...an envelope." The says, presenting the bloodstained envelope to him.

    His eyes widened as he snatched it from her. "Don't touch that with your bare hands woman, Gabrielle! Who knows what it could've been through." Bruce stresses. "But who knows what this child could have been through? She is obviously in need. And if you're so brave of a man you'd read it and see in your heart that this little girl needs us more than ever." Gabrielle says to the man.

    Bruce would look at the envelope before sighing. "I thank God that I married a woman such as yourself." He huffs as he slit open the envelope and his wife giggles. "While you read that, I'll set this cutie a bath," Gabrielle says, grimacing at the sight of blood around the baby. "I'm sure you'd love one my little, Snowflake." Gabrielle coos as she gently pokes the nose of the baby. The baby's face only scrunched up before staring at the woman blankly.

    "Ah! You're so adorable!" Gabrielle squeals before hurrying inside. Bruce stands by the door, his eyes tracing the paper endlessly. Countless words were repeated on end. "Keep her safe, please keep her safe. I beg you, keep her safe. Protect her. Protect her. I beg you, protect her. Obey her. Obey her. I beg you, obey her. "

    The unsettling wants of the letter were set aside once he found information on the child. "Y/n Anchita... no last name." Bruce says. "Sir Bruce?" Meredith calls from inside. He turns to the maid, who held fresh towels in his hands. "Shall I ready the nursery for the child?" She asked. Bruce folds the letter into the pocket of his robe. "Yes, and ready the news of the new addition to our family for the news." He says, a smile drawn to his face as he stepped inside the manor, with the doors shut behind him.