Chapter Sixty-One

SIXTY-ONE.

I can’t believe that the person I hate and the person I… love was together and let me remind you, they are too freaking close to each other. Chen’s arms are wrapped around Ethan’s waist and she even looks like she’s enjoying the moment with him. And Ethan was looking at her amused and... annoyed?  But why is he amused on Chen? Are they enjoying each other’s company? Are they flirting?!

“Bree, are you okay?” Maiko asked, a tone of concerned was obvious in her voice.

Of course I am not okay.

Wait, he’s my ex boyfriend now. I don’t have the right to felt this way. I mean we are already separated for five and a half months so it’s okay for the both of us to meet new people. But why does it have to be Chen? God damn it.

“I’m fine.” I answered her coldly but my eyes aren’t leaving the flirtatious scene.

“You don’t look like it.”

This time, I looked at her. My eyebrows are furrowed. “I said I’m fine. You didn’t have to show me this. Ethan and I are done for so long.”

“But he’s here to get you back.” Maiko looked at them for a second then back at me.

“I think he just went here to make up for his mistakes…. Not to,” I paused, swallowing my throat. “Get me back.”

“Okay, uh, let’s just leave.” She looked at me apologetically as I gave her my winning fake smile. I nodded in agreement as she started to walk first. While I took a last glance at the-

What the actual fuck?

Did just Chen Brooks just kissed Ethan Anthony Parker on the cheek? Both cheeks and even hugged him? And it wasn’t just any Ethan, it was the guy that I love in Paris. I swear I feel like everything was boiling inside of me, I wanted to tear Chen’s head into two.

“Bree?” I heard Maiko called my name but I just ignored it. I was still looking at the girl who was hugging my ex boyfriend. Screw it. Ex-boyfriend or not, I still love him. I’m admitting that. My hands are clenched pretty tightly into fists. Then I feel Maiko held my arm. “Come on, you don’t have to-“

Before she can even finished her sentence, I yanked my arm away from her and walked towards Chen and Ethan – Bernadel and Heather are their too actually -. I feel like I can’t see anything but red. Like I’m a bull who goes all mad when they see red. Then I stopped in front of them. Ethan’s eyes’ widen and Chen just stare at me like I’m the most boring person in the world.

“May I help you?” Chen asked coldly.

“Get. Your. Hands. Off. My. Boyfriend.” I said every word with pure hatred of passion.

I just claimed Ethan as my boyfriend? Damn, I’m not thinking clearly because of all the agriness inside of me.

Chen released her arms around Ethan’s and stood up straight in front of me. Then Bernadel laughed bitterly. “Your boyfriend? You must be out of your mind.”