Chapter 11: I Enjoyed Finding You

I woke up to a dark room. I was still in the same place but it was now night. I could barely see anything.

I looked over to my right to see a sleeping Peter next to me, his fingers still intertwined with mine. I stared at our hands.

My mind started going around in an endless web of thoughts, each one somehow connected to the other. What is this feeling I have towards him?

I am attracted to him but I hated him at the same time. My instincts tell me to stay away but I can't. I almost want him but I know he's not good for me.

I need to stay away. I need to go. I don't want too.

What would it be like, living here with him? He seems.... protective. He seems like... he would only be nice to you. Like... STOP!

I pull my hand away from his. I can't think about him like that. He's horrible. He's a monster, a-a bloody demon.

I think I'm in love with a bloody demon.

I can't be. I won't. I hate him. I. Can't. Love him.

In the midst of my thoughts, I notice a tear roll down my face. I couldn't control myself and I started to cry.

•Peter•
I jumped at the sound of her crying. I immediately wanted to help but I didn't know what was wrong. She wouldn't say anything.

"Ryan. Ryan, what's wrong. Don't cry, love. Please don't cry" I tried to comfort her the best I could but my words didn't help.

"Sshhhh shhh it's okay. You're safe." I attempt, succeeding this time. My hand had found its way to hers again. She had a strong grip on it as if something bad would happen if she were to ever let go. "What happened?"

•Ryan•
"It-it was a nightmare. I was scared." I lied. I noticed our hands were locked once more but I was not letting go. I couldn't. I didn't want too.

I noticed how he called me love. It was new, unexpected. I didn't mind it.

"What happened... in your dream?" He cautiously asked.

"I wasn't safe. I-I kind of relived what happened with...Logan. This time I died." I lied, not wanting to speak the truth.

He sighed. "Well, you're safe now. I can protect you from them." He says. His voice was abnormally soft. It was soothing and I wanted to hear more but I fell back into sleep within a few minutes.
•••
I couldn't sleep much because of my neck. Every time I would move my head I would feel the pain that came with it. I knew that I would feel tired throughout the day.

Peter was gone, most likely bossing around some innocent lost boy. Alex wasn't far from me. I could hear his voice nearby

Not able to turn my head, I call for him. "Alex?"

"Yes?" He walks over to me.

"When will Pan heal me?"

"Why are you so eager?! Why can't you just wait a while here?!" He yells at me, unexpectedly.

"You know I have to-"

"No, you don't! You don't have to leave! This! This is your home! Why do you want to leave so bad?!"

"I can't live here with-"

"Stop!..... I know why." He paces around a bit, thinking. "You are too afraid that you will fall in love with Pan. Right?" He questions me.

"I told you Alex. I can't live here."

"No! You're afraid to live here! You're afraid of him and you're willing to give up your brother that you just found to get away."

Peter walked in, concerned. He had most likely heard Alex yelling. Alex looked at him and then back at me.

"What a sister you are." He says in a low voice. My heart sank, tears threatening to show themselves.

Peter just about to go confront him but I stopped him.

"Don't!" He turns around. "It's fine... he did nothing."

"What happened?" He walks in further.

"Just brother and sister stuff. You wouldn't know." He looked down at the ground. His mouth slightly opened but he put his comment aside.

"When will you heal me?" I ask. 

"Patients. The wait will make you stronger." He starts to fiddle with something on a table.

"And you think I'm not strong enough?"

"I never said that, love. You need to get some sleep."

"I'm fine! I know what is good for me... and don't call me love." I try to sound intimidating.

He walks slowly over to me, standing and staring for a while. Then his hand hovers over my neck.

"I hope you're happy." He says bitterly, walking away.

My hand goes up to my neck, touching the bandages. No pain. I take them off and reveille not a wound but a scar, running from below the bottom of my ear to about the middle of my neck.

•••

I sat by myself on a log, wondering how I'm gonna do this. I was staring at Peter, trying to find the right words.

Alex sits next to me but I don't look at him. I could tell he was staring at my scar. In response, I knock my hair off my ear to cover it up.

"Don't do it." He tells me.

"Watch me."

"No...don't. He won't let you go."

"What?" I ask.

"He won't let you. You have to wait." He keeps his head down.

"You're helping me?!" Shocked, I look at him.

"You're my sister. In the end, we are family. If.... leaving...... is what you want to do then I'm gonna help you." He smiles.

I couldn't help but do the same. I started to tear up a bit. I couldn't control it. He brings me into a big hug.

"Drink with him tonight. If you get him happy then you will have a better chance. Just be safe, wherever you go."

"I will. I promise." I hugged him tightly. I know that I would never see him again after tonight. "I enjoyed finding you."

"I will see you again." He laughed. "Now go. You have the rest of the day to get on his good side."

I hated the thought of leaving him. I had just found him and now I'm leaving. Everything I had ever wanted I was leaving for a better tomorrow.

I wanted someone who could be like family for me, yet I'm leaving Alex.

I wanted someone who could hold me tight and truly love me, but I'm leaving Peter.

I wanted to feel loved and needed, to have a home, but I'm leaving Neverland and everyone in it.

But I know that I will be better off elsewhere.

I know it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N

I am getting it with these updates!

I don't really know what to say but I hope you guys really enjoy the story.

Plz vote and comment.

Love you all

I'm so tired.

Goodnight my lovelies!!! 😴