Making an Entrance

Chapter 1:

MAKING AN ENTRANCE

            She closed her eyes, listening to a sweet melody playing loudly. Caressing her fingers on the black and white piano tiles. In her mind, she's playing the a piano. She could hear the notes and she knew exactly.

The music was dancing with her, lifting her feet up to the darkening sky, among the beautiful sunset disappearing into the horizon. They were swaying on thin air, spinning around and embracing each other, softly and lovingly. So sweet, so timeless.

However, her 13-hour flight was reaching its destination. A voice was heard through the microphone, the pilot spoke, "Flight attendants, please prepare for landing please."

Immediately the melody was gone, she was back in her seat, she opened her eyes and saw the flight attendants were locking up the cabinets, taking away her trash and they smiled at her. So fake, she thought.

"Good evening, miss. We're landing in London soon, may I take away your blankets?"

The lady nodded, "Sure."

There were three flight attendants, she was the only one in the private jet. Why on earth would they need three flight attendants? To waste away their time and energy on a single person?

Everything happened quickly, she was lost in her thoughts. Wondering, questioning, worrying and she really hoped that she would be finally safe here. Once again, the pilot announced the successful landing. "Welcome to London, my lady! We have safely landed. Local time is 18:45 and the temperature is 11 degrees, it's cloudy and it's currently raining; so please grab your coat. The flight attendants will be taking your luggage and your personal belongings-"

"Will you shut up?!" She shouted and ladies immediately kept their hands away from her belongings. "I'm the only one person here, there's no need to be announcing like its the end of the world! You don't need to speak just to speak, I'm fine by myself!"

The fiery, red haired lady nearly ripped off her seatbelt, grabbing her small luggage and her red velvet purse along with her. The flight attendants stood back, shocked by her sudden outburst, hesitantly opening the door. She was greeted by the cold chilling wind, a few droplets of wet rain splattered on her black coat once she stepped out. She inhaled the fresh London air through her nostrils.

She breathed out and smiled at the pretty flight attendant to her right, "Thank you and good evening."

"G-good evening, my lady!" The flight attendant replied hastily. She was frightened to death, any moment the lady could pull out a spoon and scoop her eyes out.

The lady put on her eyeglasses and walked down the metal stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, there was a red carpet leading to an obsidian black car.  A suited man in his late thirties walked up to her, he opened the car door and offered her a hand, "Welcome to London, lady Fitzgerald. Shall I take your luggage or your purse?"

"I'm alright, thank you." She simply said, stepping into the car with her luggage and he closed the door behind her. The driver got to the front and sent a text message before he started the engine and drove away from the jet. She observed him through her sunglasses, staring at the back of his head.

"So, is this your first time here in London?" He glanced at her in the mirror, she stared back. He was obviously checking her out. However, she wondered how long he was willing to take it. The lady shrugged, "Maybe, maybe not."

"You know, I could always take you around sometimes. Showing you the best places in town, what do you like? Cinemas? A fancy dinner? Maybe we could head back to my house afterward?" The driver continued, winking at her. "I already know that you're a noble lady that comes with a high price."