Seven

^^^Can't wait for this comeback^^^

"Wow, you actually came!" Eunbyul exclaimed with a sweet smile upon her face. "I was worried you wouldn't actually show up..."

"I'm not that cruel...and besides, I really do need a tour around this place. I swear, I've gotten lost over fifty times today!"

Eunbyul chuckled. 

"It's understandable, this castle is rather big."

"Rather big? It's very big."

"I guess, maybe I just don't see it that way since I was born and raised here...not say you weren't. Just..."

"It's fine, I get it."

"Good," Eunbyul smiled wider. "Should we go then?" 

Alex nodded and soon they were off, exploring the castle.

"This castle was built over twenty-thousand years ago. It was built during the times of King Byung Chan the third who had originally made it for all of the people in the land to keep shelter in the case of anything bad happening. This varied from floods, to earthquakes, to volcanic eruptions, to wars and so on. However, due to a betrayal in the castle by a villager back in King Jae Geun's days, which was approximately fifteen thousand years ago, the castle was no longer a place for shelter for everyone and was only used by the royal family."

"Wait...so this place was for everyone to live in?"

"Yep," Eunbyul replied confidently.

"Explains why it's so big..."

"Yeah, but now we have servants to fill up the rooms."

"That reminds me...why are all the servants horses?"

Eunbyul chuckled.

"It was all your mother's idea. She never liked the servants so she turned them into horses. Trust me, I've tried to reverse the spell but nothing seems to work. I think she made sure only she had the power of turning them back into a human."

Alex furrowed her eyebrows.

"But that doesn't sound like her...everyone I've talked to keeps on telling me that my mother was an amazing woman and was kind to everyone...but yet here you are telling me she turned people into horses. It makes no sense."

Eunbyul sighed as she looked down.

"Of course they'd tell you that," she muttered under her breath but Alex heard it perfectly clear.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I guess, since you lost your memory they are trying to cover themselves up, you know, make it seem as though they are innocent...but that's not the case."

"Are you claiming they lied? Why would they lie to me?"

"So you would think they were innocent," she finally looked back at Alex, tears in her eyes. "So you'd blame us."

Alex furrowed her eyebrows.

"Us?"

"My family...no one likes us very much so obviously they would lie so that we look like the bad guys."

Alex narrowed her eyebrows, trying to make sense of everything.

"If that's the case, what really happened to my mother?"

Eunbyul sighed.

"Your mother and my mother always had a feud...however, it was more of your mother against the whole royal family. So when news about an event that had happened inside the castle spread to the public, everyone blamed her. Everyone wanted her dead. So she killed. Soon after her death, we all felt guilty and the rest of the royal family blamed her death on us."