Fifteen

Eunbyul didn't even bother knocking on the door, she just entered. He wasn't going to let him in anyway. But she needed to talk to him.

It had been long since she last entered the forest. Many regrettable occurrences just seemed to relate to it and after what happened between her and Hyunjin, she completely lost interest in it.

As soon as she stepped foot in the cottage, she gagged at the horrific stench. Gazing around the insect-invested room, Eunbyul sighed.

She knew Hyunjin all too well. It was clearly a trap to make her, or anyone else for that matter, think it was an abandoned house and no one lives there.

After a while, Eunbyul finally decided to proceed further in the cottage. She was aware he wouldn't be in this part of it but only did it to get a closer look at what she was up against.

She smiled to herself after scanning every detail of the cottage.

"Hyunjin!" Eunbyul called, the name echoing all over the house.

Hyunjin, who had been making himself breakfast downstairs, froze. He recognised the voice all too well.

He wanted to hide, pretend he wasn't home but Eunbyul was smarter than anyone ever gave her credit for. She would find his base one way or another.

After contemplating what to do for a while, Hyunjin finally made his way to the ground floor.

Eunbyul stood in the kitchen gazing out of the window, looking very much like her mother with her white, slim-fitting ball gown and justly curled hair.

How she managed to track through all the mud from yesterday's shower and still not have a trace of dirt on her, Hyunjin didn't know. But neither did he question it.

There was much more to Eunbyul than her innocent princess appearance. Eunbyul was a mystery. And only him and Suzy knew that. He should have been happy to know this much about the princess but instead, it worried him. Who knows what she had to hide?

"Well? What do you want? Why are you here?" Hyunjin asked in impatience.

Eunbyul chuckled at his tone before turning to look at him.

"Now, come on, Hyunjin. You're a prince, at least be a gentleman and offer me a seat and some tea."

"I'm not a prince, sweetie...and besides, you have the whole floor to sit on, aren't you lucky?" He replied, hoping to knock the smile off her face, but unfortunately for him, it didn't.

"You're right, you're not a prince. Forgive me, your Highness. I forgot you were a king."

Hyunjin grimaced, much to Eunbyul's satisfaction.

"Now, are you going to be a gentleman or not?" She questioned.

It wasn't much of a question, Hyunjin realised, I was a demand, an order. And he knew better than to continue fighting it or disobey it. Much like her mother, Eunbyul always got what she wanted.

After making her a cup of tea, Hyunjin sat opposite the First Princess, waiting for what she had to say.

Eunbyul sipped on her tea slowly, trying to check how long it would take before Hyunjin's patience runs short.

"So, how has life been?" She questioned.

"Are you kidding me? Just cut to the chase already, I don't have time for this."

Not long, Eunbyul noted.

"Oh please, Hyunjin, we both know I have a busier schedule than you. What do you even do here anyway? Plot how you're going to kill the next person? If that's the case, then I suggest your mother this time, oh wait she's already dead."

"Stop it, Eunbyul! Just tell me what you want or leave!"

She should have been scared, she should have cowered. But she didn't even flinch. Her smile only became wider.

"Fine, I was just teasing you. I guess you aren't the perfect prince after all, you need to work on your patience."

"Eunbyul," he warned.

"Okay, okay. I just came to tell you that I'm getting married."

Hyunjin narrowed his eyes.

"Already?"

"What do you mean already? I'm twenty-one, most princesses get married at this age or younger."

"I guess...why would I care about this anyway?"

"Because I want to invite you to my wedding."

"Me? Why?"

"It might be the last we see of each other."

He shook his head.

"You'd be delighted to never see me again so I'm going to ask again, why?"

She sighed, taking a hand through her silky hair.

"Fine, it's the only way you can make it up to Alex."

"Make it up? Make what up?"

"Don't you know she hates you right now?"

"Why would she hate me?"

"Because I told her what happened...what you did."

That was when Hyunjin snapped.

"What I did? What about what you did, huh? And if you told her exactly what happened, why would she hate me?"

"Because I didn't," her smile was too smug for Hyunjin's liking but what could he do? Hurting the First Princess would only add on to the many troubles in his life. "I didn't tell her exactly what happened."

"Here you go again, Eunbyul, just as I thought you were accepting your sins. But no, you just have to always make yourself innocent, don't you?"

"You think I'd admit I'm not innocent? Pathetic, if you think I would tell her what I did then you are absolutely pathetic. And besides, I don't exactly see why I'm in the wrong, last time I checked, I didn't kill my own father."

Thank you guys so much for 2000+ reads. Ahhh, I'm so happy! Also, thanks for almost 200 followers. It honestly gives me more inspiration to write and publish these stories for you guys.

Oh right, I'm planning on finishing this story up before the end of May hopefully, but remember this is still the first story of a trilogy. And also, I'm planning on writing a summer advent thing. Where I update every single day until the first day of summer (21st June) but I'm not quite sure when I'll start it. If you guys remember, 'Day5' was an advent to Christmas so I'm going to try doing something like that again.

In the next few updates I'll hopefully be able to post the selection list for you to vote from. There will an introduction of new stories, some that might be a bit like ones I've written before. 

~Happy SpicyThaiChicken