Chapter 3

Chapter shout out! khrlover, lianis180, Naruto_9_tails, shippingsdaze, HyuugaMisaki (twin of HyuugaMisuki XD), otaku_mistress, RukaKiyomaki1243,

I don't own One Piece

-----

  "Ah, Mistress, here we are. This is Donyoko-san's office building," 1293 said as they neared a two story structure built at the edge of the busy island.

'Here someone could easily receive and ship merchandise and many wouldn't even notice,' Ashlee looked at the sea with distastefully before looking to her companion.

"It would be best if you waited here out of sight. They requested that I come alone. Keep your den-den mushi on hand at all times. If things go south I might need your help."

"Understood," the woman said as she handed the folder up trench coat back so Ashlee could retrieve her den-den mushis, slipping both into an inner pocket of her tail-coat jacket. Ashlee tipped her hat to the older woman before she continued to walk, now alone, to the office building, her walking stick and heels making faint tapping noises on the cemented ground.

'Now let's see what type of person you are Donyoko-san. Do you try your best to live in the light, as highly unlikely as it is. Do you scurry around in the shadows?' Ashlee tipped her hat down lower as her sadistic smile returned, 'Or do you live in between like I do, standing with one foot on each side, choosing not to care about how you live as long as you see tomorrow?'

After taking a short walk to the back of the office, Ashlee located a door with no handle, clearly meant to be opened from the inside, and was made to try to blend in with its surrounding walls. Striding up to it, she sharply knocked, and the certain dull ring verified that the door was made out of metal. 'A compound of steel and iron most likely.'

As Ashlee thought that a small strip of the door, about three quarters of the way up, slide to the side, revealing a pair of cold dark chocolate coloured eyes and tan skin surrounding them.

"Who are you, and what business do you have here?" the man asked, his voice deep and rough. Ashlee spoke, but keep her hat tilted down.

"I have a business meeting with Donyoko-san. It seems he is need of some information I may or may not have."

"My boss has no business with a lady such as yourself. Now leave," Ashlee lifted her head slightly, making only one of her eyes visible through the shadow her hat casted upon her face.

"Oh, I assure you, your boss does have business, very important business, with me. And I can also assure you, if Donyoko-san found out that you denied the Shadow Informant entrance, he will be none too happy," She then shrugged, slowly turned away," but I if that's how it is, I better be going. I am a very busy person, you see, and I rather not like to waste my time… Kurosai Maito-kun. Oh, and tell your wife and your lovely children hello for me. I can't wait to eat Chi-chan's delicious cooking again. She makes such good teriyaki chicken and rice, don't you think?," the sound of a gasp, accompanied with the sound of the heavy lock being undone and the metal door swinging open in a hurry made Ashlee stop her momentary departure.

"WAIT! Please! I am very sorry Shadow-san. P-Please, right this way. The boss had been expecting you," she turned back around, she smirk now gone, replaced by an unemotional poker face, and follows Maito through the open door into a very dim lit corridor.

'I guess this answers my previous question,' Ashlee thought as they walked, the sounds of the steps echoing, 'only those who are accustomed to only so little light in their life can greet people as such.' Maito lead her down to another door. Opening, and then stepping aside, he let her enter first. Her lips twitched up slightly from his actions.