The Zombie Man Part 1

Chapter 3

"Oh my god!"

"Mom, she's awake!"

I was wakened up by the noise of the strange people who were talking out loud near me and by the sound of a machine. I can vividly hear how loud it was.

Slowly, I opened my eyes.

At first, the image was blurred. I couldn't say clearly what was happening around me. Not until I began to see the person in front of me. From the tag attached to him, it was a man who wore a white lab gown and was named Dr. Charles. He was saying something I couldn't hear or understand. The doctor stared into my eyes with a flashlight, dazzling, but I could not close my eyes.

Where am I? What happened? Why does it seem like there were so many people around? There seems to be something wrong.

The last thing I remember was...

Oh, no! What is the last thing I remember?

I closed my eyes to think carefully about what was happening.

That was the first thing I remembered after my father died. I cried a lot and blamed myself for what happened. After that, I thought...

I was stunned when I realized something.

So, I hung myself and lost my breath. Wait, does that mean I'm dead? Right, I should be dead. I committed suicide, but what was there? Why did it feel like there were so many people here? Am I in a hospital? Does this mean I am alive? How did that happen? I have no other roommate or acquaintance at home who would save me. I also locked the door, and I could still feel, up to this time, the seemingly endless thing that holds my breath.

That was when I decided to open my eyes. From lying down, I sat and let out a deep, loud breath as if I was drowning. At that point, everything became clear to me.

I am surrounded by people I do not know. There are also some American doctors around. Based on their posture, I can tell that they are rich. The place was full of white, so I think this was surely a hospital.

What am I doing here? Who are they?

"Jesus Christ, my daughter! Are you okay? What do you feel right now, baby? " I was surprised when a woman suddenly hugged me, and I could tell that she was rich because of the jewelry she was wearing.

But wait a minute, what? D-Daughter? B-Baby? When else did I have a mother? What is going on?

My forehead was immediately furrowed.

Suddenly, the doctor, whom I first saw, approached the woman. "Hon, our daughter is in a state of shock. She can't breathe. Let's give her some space. " That is when my eyes widened even more.

D-Daughter? Wait, my father just died and now this doctor is saying that I am his daughter? Are they fooling me?

I could no longer hold back from everything that I heard, so I decided to speak up. "W-Who are you? Maybe you are mistaken, sir and ma'am. I'm sorry, but I'm not your child. " It was difficult, but I was able to tell them that, which I knew that they understood.

But, maybe not.

What are you talking about? They are your parents, and I am your sister, Hazel. " Another woman who was also wearing a lab gown spoke. Her face was strict, and it gave me a shiver.

Oh my god! When else did I have a sibling? What was going on?

I was taken aback. Maybe that was the main reason why my heartbeat was no longer normal. For some unknown reason, my body was slowly shaking as if I was going to collapse at any moment.