Ch 5

Words can't explain how happy I was. I was talking to my sister, and yes, I had Nico and Hazel. But, you know Hitler is technically my brother, it's different when you have siblings from your godly parents' side. I smelt her hair, its been years. 

I could feel the tears streaming down my face and I held onto her as if she was the only thing that mattered. And at this point, she was. She smelled of vanilla and honey, oh god, I missed her so much. Being in war, seeing death, seeing my friends die, made me realize that I need to make the best of what life has given me.

 Being in war, seeing death, seeing my friends die, made me realize that I need to make the best of what life has given me

It's true, I don't have a very good relationship with my mother. But that's not something new. When she found out who I was, who my father was, she tossed me aside. Telling everyone that I was being sent to military school so I can shape up. She didn't want to tell people that she had a demon for a child, who wants that.

 So I did the next best thing, I ran away. I ran away from all my problems. Seems like that's the only things the children of Hades can do.

"I missed you so much Ruby," Caroline murmurs. "Of course you did, who wouldn't miss me," I replied smiling back at her.

"Well, you haven't changed a bit!"

I smile at her, missing this feeling I used to have in my heart, love.
"I really did miss you Care Bear, I tried to contact you but you know, mom always picked up the phone and she wouldn't let me—," I choke out in tears.

Her arms wrap around me again, "I know hun, but you are here now, and that's all that matters."

All of a sudden I feel like a little kid again. I had forgotten what it feels like to be in someone's arms again. I constantly felt as if it was me against the world. It felt nice, it felt like home.

#

The car ride was silent. Either one of us not believing that we are seeing each other again. I am not some scrawny 11 years old anymore. I'm 18 years old, entering my last year of school. I will probably go to New Rome with Annabeth and Percy or head down to New Orleans. Open up a nice shop, attract all the witches in the area. It would be nice.

"Hay Care, did my bike come in yet," I asked anxiously?

"Yep, some guy name Ries dropped it off yesterday, he said something about watching the paint job," I smirk at that, inside joke between my main man and me.