Part 1

*Just a reminder: Bold sentences/paragraphs are flashbacks

"Alfred, I can do it by myself," you firmly stated to your brother who was two years older. "How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm still coming with you!" He mockingly imitated your statement.

You let out a very heavy and deep breath as you touched your head with your hand, starting to feel a headache coming.

Ever since you were a child, Alfred has always been overprotective of you. Whenever your mother gave you tasks or errands, he would unfailingly find an excuse to accompany you. Even when you are just going to your friend's house or taking your cute golden retriever, Liberty, for a walk, he would consistently be right behind you observing his surroundings as if something dangerous would pop out any moment.

Well, you can't really blame him for acting that way. He wasn't very overprotective before but ever since that incident 8 years ago, which you didn't really remember that much aside from the sensation of extreme coldness and breathlessness, he had changed so much from before. When you woke up after that event, the first person you saw was your brother who vowed that he would always protect you and never leave your side. Once he had calmed down, he explained that you were in a coma for almost a week. He expressed how afraid he was to see you lying on the bed lifeless and the only sign that told him and your parents you were still alive was your beating heart in the ECG.

Ever since then, Alfred regularly stuck to you like glue. As a 7-year-old kid, you were glad by what your big brother told you. Every day was fun with him around and having him by your side all the time made you happy and less lonely. He loved greeting you with a tight bear hug and then shout out how much he loves you, his cute little sister. He was the kindest brother you've ever seen!

However, as time passed by, his actions were starting to get on your nerves. You were all grown up now; a high school freshman to be exact. Also, you were pretty popular at school because you were cute and friendly. Yet, even though the boys wanted to talk to you, as soon as a boy dared to approach you, Alfred would be right behind you sending an incredibly intimidating death glare to the poor young man, making him run for his dear life. Thank God, your brother was at least alright with your female friends. They even seemed to be attracted to your brother, whereas you would often complain to them how much he was bothering you.

Moreover, his constant worrying was irking you non-stop.

"Are you alright, (nickname)?"

"Don't stress yourself too much, sis!"

"That's not a job for a lady! Here, let me help you!!"

"Don't worry! I'll send those annoying buggers away from you! Nyahahaha!!

"(Nickname), do you need help with something? You know the hero will always be here for you!"

There would not be a single day where he won't ask or tell you stuff like these. At some point you thought he was obsessed with you-- wait, he definitely was actually. Let's add the fact how he incessantly wanted to know your whereabouts and activities. You were practically used to him asking the 5Ws almost every day.

"What are you doing?"

"Where are you?"

"Why are you there?"

"Who are you with?"

"When are you coming home?"

Oh, how ironic it was to hear him often emphasizing on freedom but he never gives you any. What a hypocrite!