Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Chloe's POV

I woke up the next morning in the hospital to 26 messages from Paige.

Oh no! I hope she doesn't think I am ignoring her or being mean.

I am sick it's not my fault.

I open the messages and see this:

Paige: hey Chloe!

Chloe, please answer

Are you ignoring me?

What did I do?

Will you be at school or dance?

And so many more messages!

Before I finish reading them all, I throw up all over my phone😷.

I don't just throw up normal throw up, I throw up blood😕.

The doctor walks in before I even think about messaging Paige back.

The doctor sees I just threw up all over my phone, and that it was blood again.

He says to me that they are moving me to the hospital in Baltimore, Maryland to see a better doctor, and a neurologist to check my brain and body for anything wrong.

My dad calls my mom to tell her the news about how we have to go to Maryland.

The doctor said they have to fly me in a private jet to the hospital. I was kinda excited about that, but not excited to have to leave my hometown and all my friends till I get better.

My mom calls my school, and tells them what's going on. But she specifically tells them to not tell any of the students!

I ask my mom if I can respond to Paige and she says yes, but I am still not telling Paige anything.

Me: Paige, I am going through a tough time right now. I will text you when I am better. Thank you! imysm (I miss you so much)😘

Paige responds REALLY fast. She must've really been waiting for a text from me.

Paige: ok... I miss you too! I hope you're okay😢

Not telling Paige what is wrong with me hurts me too.

Paige is my best friend, and I tell her everything. But I can't tell her literally EVERYTHING. Some stuff is just not meant to be shared with others yet.

I arrive in Baltimore at the hospital and I get examined and then get an MRI done.

I am a 7th grader, but I have no clue what an MRI is.

My MRI results come through, and the doctor tells me some bad news....