Chapter 5: Wait?What?!

Peridot PoV

After asking me she walked off near the pool, and started blowing her whistle it caught my attention and she gestured me to come, so does Steven and another girl.

“Okay, guys this is your first day of lessons. My Name is Lapis Lazuli, I'm going to be your instructor until you graduate the course. a little about me is that I used to be a Beach City Lifeguard that was last year. So enough with the please go to your places and we will start a little stretches, so we wouldn't get cramps when we are swimming. Just follow my movements okay? Take your places.”

I gone to take my position just a little far from the pool, but could still see what Lapis is doing.We stretch a little, and there are people coming in one by one.

Lapis insist us to take a shower first before going into the pool. At first I hesitated, but I don't want to embarrass myself ,I just rolled with it and got myself into the pool and hold on to the edge.

1st thing we would learn is floating I got nervous, I just want this day to be over.

Lapis Pov

I assisted one by one until, its Peridot’s turn.

“Peri, come to me.” I said floating near her.

“No.”

“Come on, I'll be here for you and I won't let you drown.”

“I’D RATHER GET BEAT UP THAN DROWN LAZULI!” she said screaming.

this is going to be a long day, I thought.

“Come on, here take my hand.” I said reaching out my hand.She looked at my hand and slowly took it, I pulled her to me and she clinged to me like a sloth, I instantly regretted what I’ve done, her face is buried on my neck, and we are slowly descending, I have to move fast or we will both drown. I could feel her starting to panic, shit! she started to drown me, she is trashing herself. There is no other choice, but to swim down. I submerged myself to the water to the point where she can't reach me, I resurfaced and grabbed the back of her swimwear and started dragging her to the edge.

Peridot PoV

I knew I would regret this. I almost drowned, I coughed some water out and tried standing up, I faced lapis my anger is rolling of in waves. I bursted.

“WTF! LAZULI! YOU SAID YOU WON'T DROWN ME BUT LOOK WHAT YOU DID! I ALMOST FUCKING DIED! SO MUCH FOR TRUSTING YOU.”

“Look, I'm sorry ok, if I didn't do it we could have both drowned!”

“YEAH, RIGHT THEN YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN, TOLD ME TO TAKE YOUR HAND AND TUGGED ME”

“I DIDN'T PLANNED IT RIGHT, OKAY, I NEVER THOUGHT THAT IT WILL BACKFIRE THAT YOU WOULD CLING TO ME LIKE A LEECH”

“WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED SINCE I DID TELL YOU, I CAN'T SWIM! AND FUCK YOU LAZULI!”

“OHHH, FUCK ME I DARE YOU.”

Ohh! my stars! why did I just blurted out that. I feel my face redden in embarrassment, she was just looked at me dumbfounded and she opened and closed her mouth, I could also see her face and ears redding.

“ughh! nevermind, you could just go or have some rest.” I said walking away like nothing happened.1st day of work and it's already a disaster.