Chapter 12: Pieces

I looked into her bright, beautiful brown eyes. I could tell by her face that she was definitely bewildered by all of my statements. Why was I talking to her? Why am I asking for her help? Truth is, even I don't know why. But when I saw her at the rooftop a few moments ago, I felt like there was a reason we were both there... It's like the heavens above planned on us to constantly bump into each other. I mean, seeing someone for the first time is indeed coincidence. But seeing that exact same person for more than 2 times is definitely not a coincidence. I wouldn't say its destiny either. I don't believe on that case. At least maybe not yet...

"Why?" – She asked me with her soft, sweet voice.

"I don't know who I truly am Grace"

"I don't know who I am..."

It is true that I don't know who I am. I know I am Harrold Eldridge, but I don't know how I got here. How I ended up being like this. And I haven't got enough guts to figure out who I really am. For years I stayed contented with this abnormal life of mine. I feared that knowing my life back then will only result to something worse. And I don't want to suffer. I don't know why....I like to think that maybe it's because I'm a coward. But a part of me thinks that it has something to do with my past life. Maybe I had suffered a lot during my past life. Maybe that's why I don't want to suffer again. Maybe...There are a lot of maybes in my life today, but I never bothered figuring them out. But during my first encounter with this girl, pieces of my past seemed to have found its way back to me. And... I don't know what to feel. But to sum it up, I feel... Fear.

FEAR....yes I am again afraid. Afraid to know who I am. Who I was... And recently, weird dreams or memories seem to constantly appear out of nowhere without even needing me to summon them. I never asked for these memories to come back. But why are they coming back? And why now? I don't think I'll be able to help myself. So I figured I could ask some help. But I knew nobody. I'm a ghost for God's sake. Who should I ask? Then I saw her at the rooftop. I was shocked to see her again. And I still had no idea how she is able to see me. When she answered her phone for a brief moment, I was able to rethink our past encounters. I figured that I should say sorry to her for what happened at the library. But what made me really think was if she was the one who could help me. Years had passed and no one had ever seen me in my state, and no one has ever held a conversation with me like she did. I figured maybe it's time I shared my problems with somebody. But I was afraid that she didn't want to listen. But based from her words...she seemed eager to know about me.

I was quite happy when she said she forgives me for what I did in the library. In fact I was beyond happy when I was talking to her. Seeing her different expressions made me laugh & became more intrigued about her. But I knew she was serious when she asked who I really was. And I knew very well that I won't be able to give her the exact answers. So I led her here to this old & abandoned room. I figured she's quite a smarty, & she might be able to figure out some of the puzzle pieces in this room.

*sigh*

I heard a loud sigh on my right & immediately turned my head. Her puzzled look seemed to fade away slowly as she stood up. She walk to my small cabinet on the left side of my room & put Mr. Scruffy back in his place. I have to admit, she continues to surprise me. How is she so calm? If I was the one on her state, I would have freaked out all of my organs & would have possibly passed out the moment I made contact with a ghost.

She shifted her gaze towards mine again & slowly sat beside me again.