3

Regulus and Cepheus went through various books. Cepheus was exceptionally quiet. The meeting with Lucius has renewed various unwanted memories of his previous life which he didn't want to face. He was having very hard time keeping his tears in control. For probably the millionth time that day Regulus felt his robes getting wet by Cepheus' tears. By now Regulus was getting very worried. He had tried every ways he knew to make Cepheus stop crying but nothing made sense at that moment.

"Is he sleeping?" Regulus heard Sirius' voice. He turned around with a grim face.

"Probably he have cried himself to sleep. He's continuously crying. I don't know why, he's not saying anything. He stops for sometime then again starts crying. I have tried everything but each one is fruitless." Regulus sighed. Sirius, Walburga and Orion looked at each other.

"How can the Malfoy's affect him so much? He has never met them before. I don't understand." Sirius said frustratingly.

"Let's go home." Orion suggested. The others just nodded and followed suit. They went to the apparition point and apparated away.

When the Black's left, Narcissa stared at her aunt's retreating figure.

"What happened that suddenly Sirius became Lord Black? And suddenly who is this child that he adopted? Sirius was never a father figure? Moreover both Walburga and Orion are quite smitten by the child. I have never seen them like that." Narcissa muttered but Lucius heard her clearly.

"I don't think we will get the answers today. We will have to wait to get those answers." Lucius said and turned around to head home.

"But why is the child so afraid of us? Upon seeing us he started trembling. We have never met the child." Narcissa said frowning. Lucius sighed.

"Let's go home Narcissa." Lucius repeated and tugged his wife along with him.

When the Black's reached home, Sirius took Cepheus from Regulus into his arms. Cepheus merely unwrapped his arms from Regulus' neck and clasped it around Sirius' neck but kept silent.

"Cepheus? What is it pup? Why are you crying?" Sirius asked worriedly while running his hand through his hair.

"N-nothing." Cepheus said and tightened his hold on Sirius.

"Why are you crying?" Sirius tried again.

"They also have the design." Cepheus muttered and buried his head in the crook of Sirius' neck. The rest of the members' eyes widened.

"How can he know that?" Regulus asked bewildered. The Harry that was still in Cepheus decided to let them loose on some of his secret. Eventually I'll have to die so why not? Harry thought.

Cepheus lifted his head from his hiding and pointed at his scar while looking at the others.

"I can feel it. Whenever I'm near one, it tingles." Cepheus said with a scrunched up face. Everyone stared at him with wide eyes.

"Oh no. Dear Merlin, it can't be." Regulus dropped on the floor unceremoniously. Walburga and Orion nearly had tears in their eyes but Sirius was still somewhat confused though he understood the seriousness of the situation.

"What?" Sirius asked confused and worried. Walburga looked at her son with a teary smile.

"Horcrux." Walburga said shortly. Sirius'eyes widened comically and he staggered backwards. His arms around Cepheus loosened in shock and Cepheus crashed on the ground. He screamed in pain followed by a sickening cracking sound. Cepheus got out of his shock and looked around with tearful eyes. He didn't wait for anyone and staggered back up with great difficulty and ran from the room.