5

I find my way back to my private dorm. As I enter I'm greeted by Magna hooing happily at my return.

"Good evening Mag-"

Instantly my stomach begins to churn again, this time much worse then before. I slap my hand to my mouth and dash for the small bathroom connected to my room.

I fall to my knees and my stomach violently lurches up a thick black substance. I sit on the floor and after a short time Magna comes in and looks at me in confusion.

I explain to him what had happened in potions leaving out some small details about the feelings of excitement I got when I was around Snape.

After I believe the retching has stopped, I stand wearily and mope over to the bed. Without even bothering to change I slip into bed and lay silently taking in my surroundings. Since being here, I had never actually taken the time to thoroughly analyze my new room. It reminds me so much of the cottage. There's a fireplace with a small couch in front, a decent sized four poster bed, and a large bookshelf and small table with two chairs in the corner. Albus wanted me to feel comfortable so he had all the books from the cottage moved to my new dorm in Hogwarts.

After a short 20 minute nap I wake up at 5:45. Just enough time to get ready for dinner. The moment I sit up, I'm rather happy to feel the head spinning and stomach ache have completely ceased. Nevertheless I don't feel very hungry but I decide to still go to supper anyway.

I swing my legs out of bed and move to my trunk full of my clothes. I slip on a blush pink, thigh length dress and tie a cozy beige cloak around myself.

Magna takes his usually perch on my shoulder as I grab my book bag and we head to the great hall.

I shuffle my way through the bustling crowd of students and make my way to the staff table. I take my position next to Albus and when he senses my presence he turns and takes my hand in his.

"What you did earlier today for the Longbottom boy has not gone unnoticed. I'm very proud of you dear. Are you feeling better?" He smiles.

That would mean.. Snape had to have praised me to Albus. I grin back, "it was nothing at all. Just doing my job. And yes, much better thanks to professor Snape."

He squeezes my hand lightly before turning back to professor McGonagall. Magna flutters from my shoulder and joins a few other owls in the rafters.

I turn ahead and look out into the crowd of students. My eyes find Neville sitting at a table with his fellow classmates motioning to his hand and talking wildly as they listen to him attentively. I smirk knowing he's obviously telling his story to his friends about his near death experience in potions class. As he finishes up the small group of students turn and look up to me. I give a friendly wave to Neville, glad he's out of the infirmary and able to join dinner. He smiles back and returns a wave.

My attention is caught by a certain handsome dark haired wizard, gliding towards the staff table.

He pulls out his seat next to mine and sits down, "Evening" he says to the professors who acknowledged his appearance as they nod in reply.

"Feeling better I presume Ms. Raphael?" He inquires without looking up, as he fixes around his cutlery.

"Yes professor, thank you" I say smiling slightly at the fact that he asked. Again,I feel the slight pickup of my heart beat hearing his voice. Maybe Albus was right. Deep down maybe he is not as bad as I thought.

"Good evening!" A voice breaks in interrupting my thoughts. "How are we all his fine evening." The arrogant blonde boasts as he struts in front of the staff table.

I internally roll my eyes to stay polite however Snape, showing no remorse for being rude, truly rolls his eyes and grumbles to himself. Many of the female staff are fooled and swoon over Gilderoy Lockhart except for me and McGonagall.

Of course he is attractive, yes, but something about his conceited, attention hungry behaviour is absolutely off putting and distasteful to me.

I realize in my daze of thought, Professor Lockhart is now standing in front of me waiting for a reply for his question I involuntarily ignored

"Oh. Sorry, I missed that?" I question truly confused and somewhat embarrassed.

"Oh how her innocence is adorable, were you busy daydreaming about me darling?" He shouts in an almost condescending manner, gaining a few giggles from the nearby professors, except Snape, Who scowls at him arms crossed.

I furrow my brows and choose to ignore his haughty behaviour. I clear my throat.

"No.. But sorry I didn't hear what you had asked" I grind my teeth and plaster a sickly fake smile on my face that seems to deceive him.

"I was wondering if a beautiful woman such as yourself would like to join me for a stroll after dinner?" He questions as he takes my hand kissing it gently, and looks up and winking my way. I can't help but almost gag at his actions accompanying his request. I really don't want to be anywhere alone with the guy.

I almost swear from the corner of my eye I see Snapes grip around his dinner fork tighten.

"Umm.. well I actually wasn't feeling so good today.. and I think after dinner I plan to relax back in my private quarters.." I half lie. I actually really wanted to go check out the library. Snape scoffs amused, only loud enough for me to hear. He knows damn well I feel perfectly fine. I purse my lips trying to contain a giggle I deal rising at the thought of how horrible I am at lying, yet Lockhart seems to buy it.

"Hmm, that's too bad. Maybe another time darling?" He pushes.

"I-I suppose.." I stutter becoming slightly uncomfortable.

"You should maybe assume your seat professor Lockhart.. supper is surely about to commence" Snape interjects, almost recognizing my uneasiness, raising an eyebrow Gilderoy's way.

"Of course" he stands up. Eyeing Snape suspiciously, then turning back to me he winks, I'll hold you too that sometime darling"

He glides to his seat. As soon as everyone is seated Albus stands and commences dinner.

I stare at all the food and then back to my empty plate. If I wasn't hungry before, I definitely wasn't after my conversation with Professor Lockhart. I spoon a bit of soup into my bowl and lightly sip on it.

"Hmmm.. isn't he just dreamy" I hear Madam Pomfrey direct my way hinting at Lockhart.

I would consider him more of a pompous ass myself. I immediately think.

When I look up I see Madam Pomfrey, Hagrid, staring at me as well as a subtle amused look on Snapes expression.

"D-did I say that aloud?" I ask, a look of horror crosses my face.

"Ha ha ha ha" Hagrid bellows. "Don't worry deary, I ain't very fond of the man myself"

"Well I think he's dreamy" Madam Pomfrey fake huffs and smiles, reassuring she won't say a word about my loud thoughts.

I take another couple bites of my soup in silence and after feeling full I pull out my novel from my book bag. As supper comes to an end I decide I'll go to the library. I don't see Lockhart in sight so I might be able to avoid him and continue with my plans for the rest of the evening. I also notice Snape has gone too. Perhaps to grade some assignments, I have a strong feeling he's the type of teacher to give assignments on the first day.

I smile to myself at how he saved me from the terribly awkward conversation with Lockhart. I must thank him sometime for that.

I silently stand and place my hand on Albus's shoulder and whisper my goodbyes. He kisses my hand and says goodnight and continues conversing.

I make my way through the great hall doors and towards the library..