Chapter 18: The Nine Rookies, Kabuto, And A Fired Up Mokou

"So, how long have you been in the Bamboo Forest of the Lost?" I ask the Yuuki as he was still in his cat form. Or, I should say, Lost Form. He hasn't returned to his human form in about 3 days. Is he ever going to change back? 

I stare at the cat as he laps up the bowl of milk I had set out for him.

"For as long as I can remember, I guess. It's not that bad being on your own. Nowadays, you have to worry about yourself because you don't know what danger you could get yourself into." Yuuki replies, licking his lips clean. 

"I know the feeling... Well, gotta go." I stand up and put on my ninja sandals.

"Where are you going?"

"To the academy for the Chunin exams. Want to come with me?"

"Sure." Yuuki nods his head and hops on my shoulders. I walk to the academy to meet up with the team. Sakura is the last one to arrive in our group.

"Hey! Good morning, Mokou-chan!" Naruto-san waves to me and blinks when we spots Yuuki. "Hey, what's up with the cat? I didn't know you had a pet or something."

"He's my companion." Was all I said. 

When we enter into the academy, going to the 2nd floor instead of the 3rd floor because of the genjutsu, two Chunins are disguised as genin, not allowing anyone enter into the wrong room.

"Real nice speech. Now step aside and let us through." Sasuke says, becoming the leader of this group, as he steps forward closer to the two disguised genin. "While you're at it, release the genjutsu. We can see through the illusion. We're going to the 3rd floor."

"So you noticed the genjutsu huh?" The Chunin on the my left glared at Sasuke.

"Go ahead. Tell them Sakura. You're the one with the sharpest eyes on our team. You saw this coming a mile away."

"I highly doubt she saw anything because she was gazing at you the entire time." I mutter. Sakura played along with Sasuke's plan and this ended up in a brawl. Some other genin wearing a green jumpsuit broke the fight before it could even begin.

"Talk about a rough crowd." Yuuki yawned and I nod in agreement. I started to walk off on my own because I didn't want to be apart of the commotion. I don't care if a fight does break out. I don't want to be apart of it. 

As soon as I begin to leave, I am stopped by the jumpsuit genin. He walks over to me and says,

"My name is Rock Lee. You are Mokou, right?" How does he know my name?

"Who wants to know." I give him a blunt look. He holds up a thumbs up as a tint of pink appears on his cheeks.

"Please be my girlfriend! I vow to protect you with my life!"

"No."

"But why?" He frowns.

"I'm not looking for a relationship right now." I walk away and I can feel someone staring at me. I look over my shoulder and see a boy that likes like Hinata-san, but he has brown hair. Does he want to fight me?

"Everything alright, Mokou?" Yuuki asks me as he purrs against my neck.

"I'm fine." I reply and go to the 3rd floor. I don't bother to wait for the team because I know that they will get themselves in trouble. I wait 15 minutes for my team to meet me in front of the room 301 while I was standing next to Kakashi.

"Where did you get the cat, Mokou?" Kakashi asked me, noticing Yuuki on my shoulders. "Has it always been with you?" I couldn't tell him the truth because I know that he will make a fuss if I told him I went back to the former home. So, I said,