Chapter 35: Protection From The Akatsuki!?

Mokou and Yuuki hid in a cave somewhere while it was raining. Yuuki got tired of all the running and managed to go into his cat form again. 

Mokou held him in her arms as she stared out the cave, watching the rain pour down. They couldn't go anywhere else right now. They were wanted. 

What happened between Tobi and Mokou, it questioned her because of his strength. She couldn't figure out why he was after her. Does she have something to do with the Akatsuki? That can't be. She's not a tailed beast. 

Her main objective was to find out more about this Fire Flower that she is. But she wasn't going anywhere because of all of these damn ninjas that are after her. After all, she is a prize possession.

"What should we do now, Mokou-chan?" Yuuki questions her. 

Mokou doesn't answer and all she does shrug her shoulders before sighing. 

"This was the only spot I thought it could be safe for us. If we go to a public place, we'll be spotted."

"I know, Yuuki. . . I guess this damp cave will be our little hideout for now. As long as we are away from any danger, that's all that matters."

"Mokou-san, once you find the truth what will you do next? Where will you go once all of this is over?"

"Who knows. . . Who cares. I have nowhere to go. . ." Mokou closes her eyes and slides down against the wall as she continues to hold Yuuki in her arms. "All I want to do right now is go to sleep. . . Wake me if something happens. . ." And just like that, it's lights out for her. 

She was too tired that she did not care about her surroundings. But she knows what to do if something were to happen.

As it continued to rain, Itachi and Kisame were on their way back to the hideout after they now have the four tailed beast. They began to walk all the way back to the hideout until Itachi stopped in his tracks and saw a small girl sitting in a cave, dead asleep. 

"What is it, Itachi-san?" Kisame asked when he notice his partner had stopped walking. 

Itachi doesn't answer him as he continues to stare at the sleeping girl. Kisame looks where he is looking and smirks, seeing the sight of Mokou. 

"Do you think she's a tailed beast?" Kisame questions.

"Only one way to find out." Itachi speaks and walks over to the cave where Mokou sleeps. Kisame and Itachi walk over to the sleeping girl and examine her body. Her knees were up to her chest as her head rested on her left shoulder while holding the cat, Yuuki. "What is a woman doing out here in the rain?" Itachi speaks to himself.

"Who cares. The real question is if she's a tailed beast or not." Kisame says back. Itachi looks closely at the sleeping Mkokou before replying,

"She doesn't seem like one."

Yuuki hisses as he gets in front of Mokou while she sleeps. "Looks like the girl has a guardian. How pathetic. Mind if I kill it real quick?" Kisame smirks and takes a step closer to the cat, but Itachi stops him by putting his hand out in front of him.

"Wait a moment." Itachi tells him and Mokou begins to wake up. She groans and rubs her eye and says,

"What's wrong, Yuuki?" She questions before looking up at the two men in front of her. 'Black cloak with red clouds. Same as the other one. The Akatsuki?' She thinks as she stares at the two men. Yuuki hops on Mokou's shoulder as he continues to hiss at the two strangers. 

The next thing Mokou does is raise her hand up, creating a fire wall in front of her to protect her from Itachi and Kisame in case they decided to attack her.

Mokou runs through the flames and runs away from the two members. Itachi wastes no time to chase after the girl while Kisame stands back and watches to see what will happen. 

Itachi takes out his kunai and throws it at Mokou, but she reacts quickly by swatting her hand to the side, creating a fire whip. The fire whip slices the kunai in half and goes for Itachi head on.