Chapter 15

I was in a daze and didn't hear the bell ring until Rina came and started shaking my shoulders. "huh?" I looked up to find a very worried Rina looked down at me.

"Are you ok? Aria just told me to check up on you. She thought something is wrong with you."

I was snapped out of whatever it was and got up and took hold of Rina's wrist and dragged her out of the class and out the school back door to the compound. All the while I heard Rina shouting about slowing down and tell her about it.

I shoved the phone with the message into her hands.

"Just read it"

"Ok ok no need to be so dramatic" Rina said. I sighed. I didn't have the energy to even roll my eyes.

Rina took a long time looking at the screen. 

"It's Zach isn't it?" She finally looked at me and asked.

I just nodded and I found my eyes prickling with tears.

"Oh Mia, let's get you somewhere alone. We can talk about it. Do you wanna talk about it? It's fine we can just sit and not talk all day. I will be with you all along" She kept on rambling and dragging me outside the school and away from people. Where else? Yeah we ended up at the beach. The neighbours around had put up some swings on the trees there. She made me sit on one and she sat on the next one.

All I thought was the last time I sat on a swing was with Adam. Sweet Adam. Oh god!

"I don't love Adam" I blurted and promptly started crying.

"Oh Mia" Rina started patting my back. " Just let it out. We will talk about it later with some ice cream."

I could not stop crying. I want to point out that I do not cry like this, ever. But once I do I cannot stop. I will need a huge distraction to stop. Rina knows all about it. 

Right then I felt a stinging pain on my left cheek. What the hell? Did Rina just slap me? I was so stunned I stopped crying and was looking at Rina as if she has gone crazy!

Rina was smiling triumphantly. 

"It worked didn't it? Let's go to my place. I have chocolate chip ice cream I just got yesterday. You can have it all" She extended her hand and pulled me up. I am too stunned for words. 

She got me to her house and then brought the ice cream tub and two spoons

She got me to her house and then brought the ice cream tub and two spoons. We both dived in and didn't talk for a long time. 

"Thanks Riri" I uttered quietly.

"What would you do without me eh?" Rina said smirking which made me laugh and hug her. 

"Seriously thank you for everything and putting up with me"

"Same to you bestfriend" She hugged me back. We stayed that way for a bit till Rina ruined the moment.

"So wanna tell me about your love life?" She asks while pulling back and settling on the sofa.

I sighed. Here goes. 

"I don't think I will ever love Adam. I mean I like him very much and I like spending time with him"

"So....that is good right? I mean you don't have to love everyone you date" Rina pointed out. Which is also true.

"But, I feel like I am deceiving Adam or something. I mean he is so good to me" I kept on saying.

"Look Mia, I know Adam is good to you but if you do not love him or you know you won't then why do you want to be with him?" Rina asked pointedly.

Now I am got confused. 

"You mean I should break up with Adam? Right after he told me he is in love with me?" I sounded horrified. I can't be that cruel.

"You are not a cruel person Mia. Adam knows it and he will get over it over time" Rina said matter of factly.

I stared at Rina in disbelief. 

"You are such a cold hearted bitch" I screamed throwing a cushion at her face.

"I am just stating the truth here" Rina defended herself.

"Adam is not our enemy and he is in love with me and I think it's a huge deal for him Rina" I threw my hands up. 

"How can I just say that to him or even break up with him. Plus no one knows about Zach but you. I don't think I am ready for anyone else to know about it" I said thinking about people knowing and specially Mom knowing about it. It doesn't sit with me well.

"Ok so here is what you are going to do. You carry on dating Adam" I started to protest when Rina gestured to stop till she finished talking. "There will be a time in the relationship when you can't do it anymore. That is when you tell Adam about it. It will break his heart and all the things you just said. But it needs to be done then if not now".

That sounded fair. I nodded and hoped that day would never come in the future. I hope I will fall in love with Adam and live happily ever after. Since Zach is like non existent in my life. How can I be in love with someone not even here.

"And now" I heard Rina say and grabbed my phone and started typing. 

What the...

"Rina. Give me my phone back this instant. What are you even doing?" I tried getting it from her hands but she keeps turning around.

"There. It's done. Now we wait" Rina finally said.

What? I got my phone back from her and looked at the message she wrote.

Me: Miss u too..so much

It was sent to Zach! My eyes widened.

"RINA!" I screamed "What the hell did u do?"

"What needed to be done like two days ago" Rina calmly replied.

Oh shit. I gave up shouting and just slumped into the sofa.

"Do you think he will even bother replying?" I asked in a tiny voice.

"Ofcourse he will. Look Mia he has contacted you for the first time since he left. It is almost a year now. I think he misses you too but is afraid to start whatever you guys are having here. "

I sighed. 

"So we wait"

It's going to be a long day or a week or even months then. But I am totally waiting for a reply.