Chapter 5

Brady's POV

      I never thought that within the course of fifty minutes, I would go from sitting on a couch, watching tv with my best friends to sitting in an airport with one of those guys sobbing on my shoulder, but I did.

*thirty minutes ago*

     "Why are we watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?" Sergio lies on the sofa, groaning.

      "Because I miss Brooklyn, and she loves Minnie Mouse," Chance states, fixated on the tv. We're watching a special, I believe, where the clubhouse flew apart and all of the different pieces are scattered around the area. I, personally, have never seen this before, and it's actually interesting me. It's also Easter themed, even though it's not Easter.

      We continue watching it until both Drew and Michael's phones go off at coincidentally the same time. Michael picks his phone up and holds it to his ear.

     "Hello?" he then starts walking up the stairs, probably so there's no Mickey Mouse in the background. Drew grabs his phone and walks a little out of the room.

     "Is your refrigerator running? Well then you better catch it!" Drew forgot to take his phone off of speaker, so Sergio, Chance, and I all hear that part of the call. Drew immediately takes his phone off speaker.

      "Excuse me," Drew snaps into the phone. The person responds, and Drew hangs up his phone and walks out of the room.

     "Let's use one of our mouseka tools," Mickey interrupts the silence that had previously been held. Thank you Mickey.

     "I'll go get him before he comes back drunk and high at the same time," Sergio laughs, standing up from where he was lounging.

      "Is that even possible?" Chance asks before taking a sip of the water he got five minutes earlier.

     "It is, actually. I looked it up a while ago, just in case Drew came back completely insane," I admit, laughing slightly. Chance quietly laughs.

      "Of course you did," Sergio smiles before heading out to get Drew. Chance and I continue watching Mickey. So far, they've found the base of the clubhouse and the shoe garage. They now just need the round head part, the ears, and the glove balloon.

     "I can't believe it!" Drew proclaims when he comes back in side. "Some girl had the audacity to prank call me!"

     "Maybe you needed the wake up call," Sergio makes a joke, throwing in a wink at the end. Chance shakes his head, but I start laughing.

     "Whatever. If that girl ever does that again...," he starts, shaking his head.

      "Then I'll have to give her a call and thank her," I pull out, and Sergio scales a couch to high five me.

     "You guys should go find Michael. He's been gone for a while," Drew tries to change the subject.

     "I'll go," I volunteer. It's better than sitting down here. I climb the stairs by twos to get upstairs faster. I walk down the hall, past my room and Sergio's room to reach Michael's room. Some rap music is blasting from the speakers he has in there, so knocking on the door would be useless.

     My hand grips the doorknob. I slowly turn it and push open the door, revealing a wasteland. Clothes are thrown everywhere, trash spread all over the ground. I knew Michael was messy, but I didn't know he was this messy.

     That's when I spot Michael. He's stuffing a suit case with random clothes, tears falling down his face onto his bed. I run over to him and give him a hug. It's the best thing I can think of.