Heartbroken

Tw: homophobic slurs

Phil sat in his dorm staring at the wall tears spilling down his face. He couldn't believe what happened in the last hour, Dan and him went to a local bar, bad choice from the start. They didn't care they were stressed and they needed alcohol. They laughed and drank and danced. After a couple drinks both Dan and Phil's minds became fuzzier, Phil smiled at Dan and blushed at his compliments. Phil was happily talking but then he did the stupidest thing ever. He had been telling himself for weeks to finally tell Dan how he felt, but he would always chicken out. But he was drunk and his mind was thinking of Dan constantly saying things like Dan looks so cute. God those dimples. His laugh is adorable. Phil gained the courage after downing some more drinks and turned to Dan and said "hey I really like you." He giggled a bit but the look on Dan's face stopped his laughter making it get caught in his throat. Dan looked furious. He pulled Phil aside and pushed him against the wall. //"I know your drunk but I can't believe you'd think I'd be a fag like you."\\ He spat. Phil's heart dropped he didn't know Dan was homophobic, that never came up. Dan stormed out of the bar leaving Phil alone his heart breaking and his head pounding. He walked home alone in the freezing winter night cursing that he hadn't brought a coat. He made it to his dorm and he broke down. He screwed up big time. His only friend was gone and he was all alone. He sat in his dorm and sobbed, his stomach hurting and his head pounding, drinking some water to help his inevitable hangover was the last thing in his mind he just wanted Dan back. He cried until tears were no longer flowing there were just broken sobs. After his sobs subsided he just laid in the dark of his dorm room and stared at the wall. Then his phone went off. How grabbed it groaning at the brightness causing his head to ache even more. He gasped as he listened the voicemail. "Phil, oh god you probably hate me. Oh god. Phil I'm so sorry I'm sorry. Fuck I'm sorry. I was just drunk and scared. I-I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry. Fuck! You probably hate me. Please don't do anything stupid not over some idiot like me. I hope you'll forgive me. If you don't....t-that's ok...I-I wouldn't forgive myself either. I'm sorry Lion. I'm sorry please call me back.." Dan was crying his eyes out Phil was surprised he understood his message. He hit redial and waited for Dan to answer. "Hello?" Dan answered but his voice was wrecked from crying so much. "D-Dan I'm sorry." Phil sobbed "no! No. I'm sorry!" Dan cried "please don't blame yourself for my drunk ass please." Dan squeaked "I'm sorry Phil, please do you forgive me?" Dan whispered. Phil nodded vigorously but realized that Dan couldn't see him. "Yes I forgive you oh god I thought you hated me." He choked. Dan let out a broken sob on the phone "can I come over?" He asked timidly. "Yes please Dan, I don't think I can be alone tonight." Phil said pathetically. "Ok..I'll be right there." Dan explained. Phil hung up and laid in silence waiting for Dan. A small squeak took Phil out of his thoughts "Phil?" A familiar voice echoed into his room. "Over here." Phil croaked wanting to cry all over again. Dan walked over seeing that Phil was curled into the couch. Phil practically crushed him, he was hugging him so tightly sobs shaking his body "I'm s-sorry!" Dan hugged him back rubbing circles on his back. "I'm such and idiot Phil." He mumbled "I screwed this whole thing up. I'm sorry.." Phil just cried into his chest holding him tightly afraid that if he let go Dan would leave again. "I-I love you." Phil choked out his mind still hazy from the alcohol. Dan stopped hugging Phil and looked at him. "I love you too." Then suddenly Phil felt Dan's lips on his own kissing him. Phil kissed him hungrily hoping this moment would last forever.