Chapter 11

The two siblings were hunched over the book that their father has been looking at when he had died. In the middle of the page was a drawing of a man with a large beard and his left arm across his stomach. Above the picture, in large letters was the name 'Rasputin'. The man had changed considerably since the drawing, although dying over and over probably does that to someone. Ara's new tail was swishing around without her realizing, it was a new habit that would happen when she was concentrating, daydreaming or annoyed, almost like a cat's tail would. It wasn't known yet but instead of floater, she would now be nicknamed Kat due to her tail and how she would hiss if threatened. Of course both of these were new and she was not yet accustomed to them.

"Hi" A small, almost timid voice called out to the siblings. Both of which looked up at the sudden voice. Liz was walking towards the two, noticing Ara's drastic change of appearance. Hellboy stood up straight and replied to the greeting.

"Hi" He spoke simply. Liz started walking closer as she begun to speak again.

"I'll..." She dragged the word out "...come to Moscow...if you're still going" Aravind's eyes lit up slightly as she realized that one of her closest friends would be joining them on the trip, that for her was now mainly for revenge.

"I am." Hellboy spoke surely.

"We are." Ara corrected, emphasizing the 'we'.

Red glanced at his sister slightly before continuing. "But I have something to say." Ara's heart jumped. 'Is he finally admitting his feelings?' She thought excitedly. He put both of his hands on his hips, their father's rosary hung slightly from his wrist. "I understand what you don't like about me." He continued. 'What?!' Ara stood there awkwardly, not knowing how to get out of the position that she was stuck in. Liz shook her head at Red's comment. "I do..." Liz sighed. "What I am..." He placed his right hand on his chest before using a finger on his stone hand to point from Ara to himself. "What we are...makes you feel a little out of place...out there" Confusion soaked Ara's features, not understanding why Red was saying this.

Liz started shaking her head. "No, I don't--" Hellboy cut her off.

"Listen." He stepped down a few steps to stand in front of Liz. 'She was listening. You stopped talking, she spoke up, you interrupted her!' Ara shouted in her head, becoming frustrated with the conversation that she wasn't even apart of. "I'm not like Myers." Ara's heart sank at her brother's words. "He make you feel like you belong...which is good, really." He looked up dramatically. Before glancing at Liz, then back down. "I wish I could do something about this." Almost angrily, he gestured to his face. Ara quickly cupped her mouth with her hand, tears yet again springing to her eyes. "I can't. I can promise you two things: One, I'll always look this good." Ara tried to stop her laugh breaking through her mouth as her eyes dried of tears. Liz's mouth twitched into a smile as she chuckled slightly, she shook her head and looked down. Hellboy gently gripped her chin and raised her head to face him. "And two...I'll never give up on you." He pulled his hand away. "Ever." They looked at each others eyes. Liz nodded slightly in shock, not knowing what to say.

"I like that." She smiled up at him, before looking down again. When it was clear that nothing else was going to happen, Aravind suddenly spoke up.

"Awe!" She squealed. Her whole posture showed how excited she was as she watched her brother and sister figure almost become an unofficial couple. The two jumped, clearly forgetting that Ara was even there during their moment. The two smirked at the young adult's behaviour, the intimate feeling in the air had now disappeared and was then replaced with Ara's contagious, ecstatic aura. She smiled fondly at the two. She chuckled before speaking again. "I'm gonna go...make some hot chocolate...and...uh leave you guys to talk about...stuff." She smiled at them before jokingly saluting on her way out. Hellboy watched her go, love shining in his eyes. Liz noticed.