"Roses have thorns, Dean"

"Dean! Be carful!" Cas said as Dean ran his hands over a bunch of roses in a bucket. There was a farmers market in town and Sam insisted they all go, "fresh air" he said.

"Oh, but Cas these are so beautiful! I want to get you some." Dean explained. Dean held his hand up to Cas' face rubbing his thumb over his cheek softly and smiled.

"Oh..." Cas blushed. "Ok." Dean let his hand off Cas' face and reached his hand to grab a bunch. "Oh, Dean, wait!" Cas said frantically.

"Ow!" Dean hissed pulling back his hand quickly. Cas laughed and grabbed Dean's hand to inspect it. "Damn flowers."

"Roses have thorns, Dean." Cas told him whilst holding his hand. "Maybe we should have someone with gloves get them?"

"Yeah, my luck." Dean huffed. Dean waved a young woman with short, faded pink hair. The girl quickly walked over sliding on a pair of gardeners gloves.

"What can I do for you gentlemen?" She asked her voice soft and kind.

"A dozen roses, plea-"

"Dean, that's a lot!" Cas said hitting Dean's arm.

"You deserve it." Dean smiled.

The girl pushed her hair behind her ear and giggled softly. "Anything else?" She asked as she began picking and pulling flowers from one of the display buckets of roses.

"No, miss. That's it." Dean smiled with Cas' hands wrapped around his bicep and a calm smile on his face.

"Ok then." She grinned holding the roses and walking up to the makeshift counter that held a lockbox of money and computer. She wrapped the flowers in paper and tied a ribbon around them to hold together.

"Well, this guy too." Cas said sliding a tiny little cactus in light blue pot. Dean looked over at Cas and laughed rolling his eyes.

"That's gonna stab you." Dean told him with a laugh to his tone.

"I know, but I meant for Sam. I think he'd like it." Cas smiled.

"Damn it, this one too." Dean smiled and slid the cactus closer to the girl.

"Ok, that will be $34." She said as Dean pulled a $50 out of his wallet.

"Keep the change." He smiled as Cas grabbed the roses and small cactus.

"Oh, thank you very much, Sir." The girl smiled.

"Thank you for the flowers." Dean smiled as they walked away. Dean and Cas walked hand in hand toward the car where they would meet back up with Sam.

"Dean, I have to say these roses are beautiful." Cas smiled with the dozen in the arm opposite of the one he was holding hands with Dean with. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, Babe." Dean smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

When they got back to the car Sam was leaning against the side and flipping through some files for a case. "Hey, guys." Sam said. "Nice flowers, Cas."

"Thank you, Sam. Dean got them for me." Cas told him smiling. "And I though you would like this." Cas handed him the cactus.

"Thanks, Cas." Sam smiled

"Yeah, I don't know how well it will do in the bunker because there's no natural sunlight, but it's a low maintenance plant." He explained. "Should be nice, give a little life down there."

"Getting all technical on us." Dean smiled. "Let's get home." The all turned to get in the car Sam going to the backseat.

"Sam aren't our going to sit up front?" Cas asked tilting his head to the side.

"Nah, you can sit up there with Dean." He grinned and sat down. Cas smiled as well and sat down in the front seat, Dean at the wheel like always.

Once home Cas put the roses in a vase and set them on the desk in his and Dean's room and Sam put his cactus in his room.

Dean smiled at Cas playing with the tops of the flowers running his hands over them. "Soon this concrete underground will look not so underground." He said wrapping his arms around Cas.

"Soon." Cas smiled as Dean kissed the side of his head.

—————

Ooooo two in two days, I can't believe people are actually reading this stuff though, lol

Yours,
Truly