Chapter two

Trigger warnings- small reference to aftermath of domestic abuse.

Draco takes me through lots and lots of corridors to a white room with lots of beds. Miss Old-Lady, Mr Weasley and Miss Bushy-Hair-Girl come too. A door opens and a big lady comes out.

"And who do we have here?" she says, but she's new and Draco didn't say she wouldn't hurt me, so I put my face in Draco's shoulder.

"Can you say hello to Madame Pomfrey, poppet?" Draco says, and I want to make him happy so I do.

"'Ello, Mrs 'adame Pomfwey."

"Can you tell her your name?"

"'M Hawwy."

"Good boy," Draco says, and I smile 'cause I made him happy!

"It's very nice to meet you dear. If you like you can call me Poppy. Now would you like to sit down?" I look at the bed and then all the big people around me.

"Um... can Dwaco si' too?"

"Course I can, poppet." Draco sits down and plops me on his lap.

"Can you tell me how old you are, Harry?" I look at my Draco, and he nods, so I say,

"'M thwee, Mrs Poppy."

"But you're so small!" Miss Bushy-Hair-Girl says. Is that bad? Did I do something wrong?

"'M sowwy!"

"Sh, it's okay poppet." Draco says, and he kisses my head. I never get kisses! I must've been a very good boy, but I don't know what I did.

"Can you tell me who you live with, Harry?" Mrs Poppy asks.

"Wiv- wiv my U'cle Vernon an' Auntie 'tunia- I- I mean Petunia, and Cousin Dudey."

"And how did you get here?"

"I dunno. I was i' my cupboar', an' U'cle Vernon was yelling, an' then I was here."

"I see. Why was your uncle yelling at you?"

"I spill the ho' wa'er."

"Where? Did it hurt?" I nod, but I'm not supposed to tell people what hurts.

"Why didn't you tell me you were hurt, poppet?" My Draco says, and he sounds sad. I didn't mean to make him sad!

"'M no' 'posed to."

"If you ever get hurt, tell someone, okay?" I nod, but Uncle Vernon told me to never ever tell anyone where he hurts me. "Where are you hurt, now, kitten? Where did the water burn you?"

"Um, on my tummy."

"Can I take a look?" Mrs Poppy says, but Uncle Vernon said to never ever let someone see where I'm hurt, so I shake my head. "Can Mr Malfoy take a look?"

"'Is name's Dwaco, no' Mawfoy." I dunno why everyone is calling my Draco Malfoy 'cause that's not his name!

"Sorry, Harry. Can Draco look at where you're hurt?"

"My Ucle Vernon said no one can look or I ge' in twouble."

"You won't get in trouble poppet, I won't let your uncle hurt you."

"Pwomise?"

"I promise."

"Okay, you can look." My Draco lifts up my really big black dress and he looks at my tummy with is all red.

"Oh poppet. That needs some burn salve. Madame Pomfrey can you-"

"Of course." Mrs Poppy goes away and my Draco hides my tummy again.