Chapter seven

I always dream about scary things, but this dream is the worst.

Draco is there, but he's not being nice like normal, instead he's being mean and scary like Uncle Vernon. He has Uncle Vernon's pain-maker too, and is yelling very loudly.

"You're pathetic, you freak! I can't believe you ever thought I would actually like you, you waste of space. You're just a burden to me, I wish I had never met you! This is all your fault!" He keeps yelling, over and over, and we're back in my cupboard and Uncle Vernon is there too, and he's yelling at me because I ran away and dis-o-beyed all his rules.

"'M sowwy, Dwaco, 'm sowwy, U'cle Vernon, I won't do again I pwomise, p'ease don' hurt me!"

"How dare you not address me properly!" yells Draco.

"'M sowwy, 'm sowwy!"

"Sorry isn't good enough, freak!" Uncle Vernon yells, and hits me with the pain-maker. I try really hard not to cry, but I can't stop because my Draco hates me and Uncle Vernon is hurting me.

"Harry!" Draco yells, and he's loud.

"'M sowwy, sowwy!"

"Harry! Harry, poppet, wake up!"

Suddenly I'm back in the bed that Draco got me, and he is shaking me awake and looks worried but I'm confused because he said he hated me.

"'M sowwy, Mr Dwaco, sowwy, sowwy..."

"It's okay, poppet, it's alright, it was just a dream." A dream? Does that mean Draco doesn't hate me? I can't stop myself from crying more, even though I really really try. It's just too hard because I love Draco and I want him to love me too.

"Aww, poppet, come here." He pulls me close so he's hugging me tight, and I hug him back, but I can't stop crying. "Shh, shh, I've got you. You're safe. It was just a dream, he can't hurt you."

"No more hurt?"

"No more, ever again. I promise. As long as you're with me, nothing will ever hurt you again."

"Want to stay wif you f'ever."

"Forever's a long time, pet."

"F'ever and ever."

"Forever it is then."

My Draco, not dream Draco, my Draco, puts my face in his hands and wipes a tear away. I think he's going to be mad I was crying, but he smiles at me. I think he's very pretty when he smiles, and so I tell him so, but he gets all blushy.

"Thanks, poppet. Now, it's still early. Why don't you try and go back to sleep, yeah?"

I don't want to sleep. Sleep means dreams, and dreams are scary.

"No!"

"Why not? Aren't you tired."

"Am... just... just scared. Don' wan' U'cle Vernon back, p'ease."

"Oh, poppet. It's okay, I'll protect you, I promise."

"No!" You can't stop Uncle Vernon, if you do he hurts you more, I remember, I tried first time. Don't want him to hurt Draco too.

"No?"

"Don't ge' hur', p'ease Dwaco."

"What..? Oh, you don't want your uncle to hurt me? Is that what he does when you try to stop him?" Nod. "He can't hurt me, Harry. Remember magic?"

"Magic? Can stop U'cle Vernon wiv dat?"

"Yep, watch." Draco pulls out his long stick- wand, I think- and pointed it at the ticker with all the numbers on the table. He says a funny word, then the glass bit shatters. I gasp.

"Dwaco, Dwaco, you bwoke! We get in t'ouble now?"

"No, poppet, keep watching. Reparo." And then the glass bit is fixed again. Woah!

"Dwaco, it's all better! Did you see?"

"I did it, of course I saw."

"You magicked it better? Miculous!" Draco laughs.

"You mean miraculous?"

"What I said."

"Right, of course. Now, you see, I can protect you just fine against Vernon, okay? You don't need to worry."

"You can magic him away?"

"Course. Can we go back to sleep now?"

"Okay." Draco waves his wand and everything goes darker. It's scary for a bit, but Draco hugs me tight so I'm not scared anymore. His magic was so cool, I wish I could do that!

"Dwaco?"

"Draco's asleep right now." Oh no, I don't want to wake him up.

"Okay, I'll wai'." But you can't talk when you're asleep! "Hold on, you not 'sleep, Dwaco! You told!"

"Talked, poppet. Fine, you got me. What did you want to ask?"

"Can I magicked? Like you?"

"Can you do magic?"

"Uh huh, that's what I said."

"We need to wait until you're all big and grown up, then you can learn magic, okay?"

"I am g'own up!"

"Then you need to be super grown up."

"But I want magic now!" Then I realise that is rude, and he'll be mad. Don't want to make Draco mad. "Sowwy, Dwaco, sowwy, I wait, I be pay chent, pwomise."

"Patient?"

"That's what I said!"

"Okay, poppet. Thank you for being patient. Can you be sleepy now too?"

"Okay. We p'ay in the mornin'?"

"Yes, we can play in the morning."

"Yey! Thank you, Dwaco, love 'ou." He kisses me on the forehead again, like last time. Feels nice.

"Love you too, poppet. Now shush, it's bedtime, or we'll still be awake at breakfast!"

A/N I feel like there should be an apology authors note here but I literally have no excuse. This is like completely filler/fluff as well, and really short, hope you guys don't mind. Next chapter should be more plot (although who knows when it'll be out).

Look out for chapters of Be My Wings soon!