publishing 2.0

Again h8ing myself for a chapter that's purely an author's note so I'm putting a lil snippet down below to make up for that

Literally five billion years ago i mentioned publishing this and it's not published yet but I finally finished the additional scenes I'm putting in (an extra 10k) and I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO RENAME EVERYONE AND IT'S STRESSFUL SO PLS HELP THX GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS

Anyway here's a little bonus content that'll be in the published version and I'll be back with an author note when it's up on createspace

-

"Okay, Sofi," Camila says as she parks the car outside the mall, "are you excited to meet Santa?"

"Of course I am!" Sofi beams, "I get to tell him what I want."

"Have you been good?" Lauren asks, and Sofi looks extra attentive. Camila has noticed she has an incredible amount of respect for Lauren. "Santa only brings toys to good kids."

"I don't want a toy, I want something else," Sofi says, "but I think I've been good. I hope so."

Lauren smiles. "Yeah, I think you've been good, too."

"What do you want from Santa, Lolo?" Sofi asks. "Do you want toys?"

"No," Lauren hums in thought. "I want a new girlfriend. Camila is getting boring."

"Hey!" Camila smacks Lauren upside the head. "I'm not boring."

"That actually hurt," Lauren pouts over at her. "Besides, I was joking, you meanie."

Sofi scowls at Camila. "Don't hurt Lolo."

"Yeah, don't hurt Lolo," Lauren sticks her tongue out at Camila. "Or I'll run you over."

"You'd never," Camila kisses Lauren's cheek. "Sorry, baby. And Sofi, you're supposed to defend me. I'm your cool big sister."

Sofi laughs. "You're not cool!"

Camila claps a hand over her chest. "Wow, Sofi, I'm wounded."

Lauren smiles and squeezes Camila's hand. "You're a cutie. Now get my chair out of the trunk for me."

Camila hums. "I'm not sure if I should. You're the one who just told me you're going to run me over."

"Camz," Lauren pouts. "I want to see Santa, though. Promise I won't run you over."

"Alright, fine," Camila sighs dramatically and gets out of the car, letting her excitable little sister out of the back on her way. She grabs Lauren's wheelchair from the trunk and unfolds it, opening the car door for Lauren and putting the chair as close as she can so her girlfriend can shift into it.

"Lolo," Sofi watches as Lauren gets into her chair. "Can I borrow your wheelchair? I wanna see how fast it'll go down the hill at my school."

Lauren laughs. "Sorry, Sofi, but I don't think you can. I kind of need it to get around. I can give you a ride to Santa's grotto, though."

Sofi grins, and hops onto Lauren's lap, and Camila rolls her eyes, but kisses the top of her girlfriend's head. "You don't have to do that."

"It's ten times easier than lugging you around," Lauren smirks at her. "You're kind of heavy."

Camila snorts. "Wow, and to think I've never complained about piggybacking you everywhere."

Lauren grins. "You can't resist my charm. That's why you don't complain."

"Lolo, can we get McDonald's?" Sofi asks before Camila can retort. "I want some McNuggets."

"Um, I'm in charge of this trip," Camila says, "and I vote pizza."

"You always vote pizza, so it doesn't count," Lauren argues, and Camila sighs and follows her into the mall, staying behind Lauren the whole time.

(She loves going to the mall with Lauren; everyone moves out of the way for them.)

"Fine, we can get McDonalds," Camila relents, but only because she wants to keep her sister happy, and Sofi has already started pouting. "But after we see Santa."

Sofi smiles. "Well, yeah, I need to tell him what I want for Christmas. I don't know if my list is going to make it on time."

"It will, don't worry," Lauren smiles, "They make sure the post is extra fast to the North Pole around Christmas time. Besides, Santa's magic. He'll know what you want anyway."

Camila beams. She loves how well Lauren gets on with her sister; though, she doesn't think she'll ever date anyone who didn't get along with Sofi. "That's true. He's super magic. How do you think he gets around all of the kids in the world in one night?"

"That's true," Sofi agrees with her. "But I want my letter to get there so he knows for sure, because it's really important what I want. That's why we needed to come here today."

"Alright, well, we're nearly there," Camila points ahead of them at the sign, directing them to Santa's grotto in the centre of the mall. "Hey, Lo, do you have any weird Christmas traditions that your family do?"

"Well, my siblings and I always help my mom get dinner ready for the next day while my dad watches TV. I always make the pigs in blankets and peel the carrots." Lauren says. "Miscellaneous family members usually drop by during that period of time. Once all the prep for Christmas dinner is done, we all watch Christmas movies on the couch. I always wear my obnoxiously bright Christmas sweater. And since I was sixteen, my mom lets me have a glass of mulled wine instead of cocoa when we're watching movies."

"You're cute," Camila comments. "What about in the run up to Christmas?"

"Oh, I watch a Christmas movie every day of December," Lauren says, "and obviously I have an advent calendar. Our school literally does the thing that Mean Girls does and lets you send candy canes to people. I think a special girl is going to be getting a candy cane this year."

"Oh, really?" Camila hums in thought. "Who would that be?"

"Her name kind of rhymes with tequila," Lauren says, "but that's all I'm going to say on that. I want her to be surprised."

"I'm sure she will be," Camila smiles. "She'll love it."

Sofi looks up at Camila. "Kaki, I think Lauren is going to send you a candy cane. Also, what's a tequila?"

Camila laughs. "Tequila is something you shouldn't ever drink, Sofi."

"You're such a good influence on your sister, Camz," Lauren laughs. "Tay definitely doesn't get that from me."

"Not surprised," Camila laughs, watching as Sofihops off Lauren's lap to enter the grotto.