Chapter 6: Severus' Mistake

A/N: See the awesome manip sandra-sempra made on my Tumblr page crochetawayhpff! Also, drop a line and tell me your thoughts!

"GET RID OF THEM!" Sirius Black roared as he pointed his crystal wand, Destiny at the Quibbler in James Potter's hands.

"Woah, Sirius, calm down, mate," James placated as he lowered the paper.

He knew it was risky showing Sirius the paper, but he had to know, they had to strategize to fix this. He'd listened to Sirius a week ago when he had decided Dumbledore and the rest of the hidden half-bloods had to go. And look where that got them. Dumbledore was exceedingly popular, and their puppet minister, Cornelius Fudge, was facing a barrage from the wizarding public.

"I don't give a fuck, James. Get rid of every fucking Lovegood on this goddamned planet!" Sirius tucked away his wand, and brushed his hair from his face, calming slightly.

James incinerated the copy of the Quibbler he was holding. It had a front page article regarding the magical power of half-bloods, and how it was often much, much more powerful than a purebloods magic. Hogwash, in James opinion, but people were unsettled since the raid on Diagon Alley a few weeks ago. Banishment of Dumbledore and the others were supposed to have helped calm fears. But it hadn't.

"Alright, Sirius. Consider it done," James nodded to his friend and swept from the manor.

Sirius hated his family and had moved in with James when they were sixteen. Since James' own parents had passed away, it was just the two of them in Potter Manor. James would need a few reinforcements so he Apparated to Malfoy Manor to see if Lucius or Draco was interested in helping. They could generally be counted on for most unsavory tasks like this, they seemed to relish in it as much as James did.

Lucius was uninterested, but Draco wasn't. He bounced on his feet as James walked through the plan. Which wasn't even much of a plan, go to Xenophilius Lovegood's house, kick him and his daughter out. Set fire to the house. And that was it. That was all James had, but it would be enough. It should be enough.

James and Draco Apparated to Dover, near to wear the Lovegood's lived. James found himself on a rolling hill with a tower house in the distance, no doubt the Lovegood's. A quick Disillusionment charm over both he and Draco took care of the surprise part of the surprise attack.

James flung open the door and he and Draco rushed inside. The bottom floor of the house was filled with a huge printing press that was madly flipping out pages.

"Bombarda!" James shouted, blowing the press up and grinning as the papers inside spun and swirled in the air around them.

"Hey! Who's there?!" Xenophilius asked. He was on the stairs and rapidly descending. James removed his charm, but Draco kept his.

"Time to go, Xeno," James said as he pointed his wand at the man.

"Go? I won't go. I live here! You go!" Xenophilius shouted.

A second set of steps was heard and James caught sight of the daughter, Luna.

"Not anymore you don't. You have five seconds to gather your crap and get out," James said as he aimed a Confringo hex at a window. The glass shattered and he smirked at the sound.

Draco, meanwhile, had snuck up behind the girl, and had his wand to her throat, ending his own Disillusionment charm.

"Bitch gets it if you don't get a move on," Draco growled from behind Xenophilius.

"Luna! Oh, not my daughter," Xenophilius cried out.

He made to move forward, but Draco dragged Luna further upstairs, his wand digging into her neck.