Chapter 8

~Clary's POV~
I walked into the training room and saw Alec punching away at a punching bag. Something had to be on his mind.

"Alec?" I said and he turned around. It was hard not to look at the sweat running down his muscular chest. His hair soaked and clung to his skin.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked and walked over to me.

"I feel better. I don't know what's wrong with me." Alec smiled but it wasn't his normal 'everything is ok' smile. I mean nothing is ever ok but still. He was acting different.

"Are you ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"You're acting weird." He smiled again but this one was more believable. His hands rubbed up and down my arms.

"Everything is fine. Trust me," he said and kissed me.

"Hey Alec, Clary? Dinner is ready!" Izzy called to us from the door.

"What are we having?" Alec asked.

"Pizza," we both looked at her, "I ordered it."

We all laughed and headed to the dining room.

I grabbed a piece of pepperoni and Alec got a piece of Canadian bacon. "Where is Jace?" Alec asked.

"In the weapons room. He told me he would be here in a sec," Izzy replied.

"And I'm here," his said as he walked into the room. He got his pizza and sat across from me.

We just sat in silence with Jace looking back and forth from me to Alec.

"So how is training, Clary?" Izzy asked. Here lately, Izzy has been busy so I started to train with Alec.

"It's great. I can finally get the back over handspring retreat."

"That's great!"

"She has been doing pretty good, Izzy. You're missing out on her progress," Alec said and Jace shook his head slightly.

"How come you two are training together now?" He asked and pointed his pizza slice at us.

"Because..." we both start.

"Because I have been busy with Simon and other things. Alec took over for me," Izzy cut in. Jace just narrowed his eyes at us took another bite.

"What exactly are you doing with the Vamp?" Jace asked rudely.

"He has a name, you know," Izzy claimed.

"I know, don't care."

"What is up with you, Jace? You have been in a bad mood for a while now," she said.

"Ask her," he nodded at me.

"It's not Clary's fault you cheated on her," Alec snapped.

"She can speak for herself," Jace remarked.

"Hold up! You cheated on Clary?!" Izzy yelled, "why?!"

"Because he doesn't care about her feelings."

"I do too!"

"Then you wouldn't have done it!"

"Alec, you're not helping," I said to try and calm him down.

"I am not going to sit here while he blames you for his mistake."

"It's fine, Alec."

"No it's not, Clary."

I grabbed his hand and pull him out of the room. We walk down the hall till we stop at his bedroom door.

"Thanks for sticking up for me but Jace was just going to keep going," I said and slid my hands up and around his neck.

"I'm sorry for taking it that far," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. So close that we kissed.