chapter 1

Standing there in my warn out plaid shirt, she placed her sweater-paw over her mouth as a giggle burst to the surface.

"You suck... Common! Please?"

Batting her eyelids she opened them wide and let a pout take over her lips.

Trying my best not to groan I simply nodded. Why? Why do I give in to everything she says? I mean, she's my best friend, so being accommodating to what she wants is normal; but not to this extent.

"YESSSS! This is why you my dear, are my favoured human-being. Thank youuuuu! It's just, I'm so hungry and well you know when Katie skyped I couldn't just get up-"

Lifting my head in a feeble attempt to stop her rambling, I took her out of her misery.

"Look, it's fine let's just go alright? I'm bloody tired and driving you around at midnight to keep your stomach happy wasn't on my priories list tonight..."

Nodding with a slight smirk, she picked up a pair of leggings from her clothes scattered floor and scrambled to put them on.

Heading downstairs I grab my keys and head to my car. Sighing I place my head on the steering wheel and think of how all I want to do is wrap her tiny little body up in bed and fall asleep.

The car door opens disturbing my calming thoughts and she snuggles in the car. Messy hair and all, she still looked adorable. The bags under her eyes contradicted the bright sparks that her iris contained, I knew her. I knew her better than I knew anyone else.

I know that she is really tired, but she can never sleep if she is even the slightest bit hungry. I know that she can't sleep without the window wide open because she likes to bury herself in her duvet. I know that she hates the way she always sneezes at least 8 times in a row, never once.

She's witty but none of the jokes she tells are funny. She's intelligent but one of the silliest people I've ever met.

She's a walking contradiction, and as I drive her to the nearest 24hour fast food drive in, at midnight... All I can think is that I'm glad I have her.