Chapter 6

"Bye Cor. I'll see you tomorrow hopefully" I say and give him a kiss.

"Bye" He says and I get out of the car. My mom and the rest of them were already here, at the restaurant.

"Hi guys. Was I late?" I ask. My mom told me to be on time. I guess I wasn't.

"Yeah you were. We were all just early" My mom says.

"Great" I say.

The five of us walk inside and they seat us at a table. I sat next to Rowan. My mom sat next to Ben and Auggie sat at the head of the table.

"How was seeing your parents or grandparents?" My mom asks Ben, Rowan and Auggie.

"It was fun" Rowan says.

"Yeah it was fun. They missed us" Ben says.

"I liked it. I made cookies and ate a lot of cookies" Auggie says.

"That's good" My mom says. "And you how was your day?" My mom asks me.

"Good" I say.

"What did you do?" She asks. Too many questions.

"He picked me up. We went back to his house and his parents made lunch and then we hung out for a little while" I say.

"Sounds fun" She says.

"It was" I say.

My mom and Ben then went into a conversation and Auggie sat and colored his kids menu. I wanted to start a conversation with Rowan so bad but I didn't know what to talk about.

"What's your favorite place in town?" Rowan asks.

"Well that beach we met at has to be my first favorite. Everything else is about a hour away from here in Orlando." I say. "Why do you ask?" I ask

"Well I figured we would need something fun to do tomorrow" She says.

"Can I come?" Auggie asks.

"We don't even know where we are going yet. What if it's really boring?" Rowan asks.

"Like where?" Auggie asks.

"A tour across Florida to look at colleges" I say.

"Being in the car and listening to music is fun" Auggie says.

"Yeah he's not wrong" Rowan says.

"You can go anywhere but Disney World. All five of us are going next week" My mom says to us, then goes back to her conversation with Ben

"I'll take you two to Legoland tomorrow" I say. I figured Auggie would like that place. I've never been there before but it should be fun.

"Yes! That's a great idea! I have never been there before" Auggie says kinda loudly and he was about to jump out of his seat. He was excited.

"I haven't been either" I say.

"I went once" Rowan says.

"When?" Auggie asks.

"I was little. Maybe four years old. I went with dad and a few of our cousins" Rowan says

"That's not fair" He says.

"You weren't born yet" Rowan says.

"How often do you come to Florida?" I ask Rowan.

"We normally come every summer for a week. This is the first time we are staying the entire summer. The first time I came here I was like nine months old" She says.

"I was a year old. I came for my first birthday" Auggie says.

"That's really cool" I say to him.
"What about you? Were you born here" She asks.

"Yep. Born and raised" I say.

Our meal came and we ate. It was just my mom and Ben talking to us now. It wasn't a fun conversation. It was them just asking us about school. It's summer vacation we don't want to talk about school.

"Do you play any sports?" Ben asks me.

"No nothing seems really interesting to me" I say.

"Only if naked makeout sessions was a sport" Rowan whispers in my ear.

"Shhh. That's not funny" I say and try not to crack smile.

My mom and Ben gave us a weird look.

"Why don't you tell her your story with sports" Ben says to Rowan.

"Ok so last winter I tried Volleyball and quit after two weeks because my wrists and hands hurt to bad. Then that spring I tried softball and on the second day I got hit with a ball and it broke my nose. After that I tried cheerleading. I figured that isn't a contact sport and I wouldn't get hurt. I was so wrong though. They threw me off the top of the pyramid" Rowan says.

I started laughing. "You're such a klutz" I say

"I know" She says.

"I was hoping you were good at sports and could maybe teach her a thing or two" Ben says to me.

"No. I can't. I tried basketball and didn't make the team. Apparently you need to know how to make a basket" I say.

"That's still something." Ben says.

"True" I say.

"What about you Auggie?" My mom asks him. He was more focused on his mac and cheese then the conversation.

"I play baseball" Auggie says.

"That's cool. Do you like it?" My mom asks.

"Yeah" He says.

"How long have you been playing?" My mom asks. She is asking the kid too many questions.

"Two years. Since I was eight" He says.

After that we finished our food. Ben paid and we went outside. It was kinda windy outside. Probably means it's going to rain soon. It rains everyday here. We were walking to the car when Rowan pulls me by my arm.

"Wait. We've been here for two days and I haven't even taken a picture with you yet" Rowan says.

"Let's take one now then" I say.

We stop and my mom pulls out her phone. Rowan wraps her arm around me and I put my hand near my face to keep my hair out of my face and we smile. My mom gets the picture.

It was a pretty cute picture if I do say so myself

"That's so going to instagram later" Rowan says.

"Be sure to tag me. I need the followers" I say and we laugh.