Lily

1998
I ran away, again. But that was ages ago. I now live by myself... again... in the middle of nowhere.
I'm walking down the snack isle as I see my favourite, pop tarts. I look to see if anybody is watching me and there is, another girl with black hair about my age and height. I don't know her but she smiles at me and walks off. Anyway, I take the box of pop tarts and put underneath my jacket. I walk back down the isle as a member of staff pops out of nowhere "Whoa. What you got there?" She reaches towards my jacket but the girl from before bursts in between us with a trolley and started speaking "I've been looking all over for you." She smiles and turns to me, then whispers with a straight face "Just go with it." She takes the pop tarts out of my jacket and then says "Thanks for hanging on to that till I got us a cart." She then puts the pop tarts in the trolley and then turns to the lady (the member of staff) and smiles. "You two girls are on your own?" She asks "My parents are outside in the car. They sent us to grab a few things." The girl with the black hair says. The lady looks at us then looks at the trolley back at us then the trolley again then at us and says "Okay." As she walks off. When she's out of sight I sigh and say to the girl "Thanks. That was about to get ugly."
"Yeah, no kidding" she says while slides into the closest isle and abandons the trolley. "You know, the whole 'stuffing things under your shirt' move never works." She smiles again and continues "You need one of these." She holds up a gold card, the length is about the size of a thumb and the width is about the size of an index finger. "Lift some plastic, and you can buy whatever you want." She adds. I chuckle and say "I'll remember that next time." as I walk off. "Wait!" She blurts. I turn around to look at her as she says "You're part of my cover now." I smile "So what do you say? You want to go shopping?".
We are walking out the shop with a couple of bags of shopping. "Wow. That actually worked." I said. She looks around and as we cross the road she says "Hold onto your bag and run."
"What? Why?"
"Trust me." She looks behind her and so do I.
"GO! GO! GO!" We start running as a car is driving behind us.
"HEY!" We hear a voice behind us.
We are now running in the middle of the road with our bags of shopping about to get run over by a car. Wow, I feel like I'm in a movie. As we are running down the street a car comes out from behind a building right after we'd passed it but it blocks the other guys passage (the guy chasing us in his car) I see an alley way "Come on! This way!" We then run a bit further on and hit our backs against the wall. We are both panting for breath as we hear a car driving down, he passes us without seeing me or the girl. We both start laughing. "I'm Emma, by the way."
"Lily. Thanks for the help."
"You had my back, and I got yours.".