Chapter 2: Pacing

Virgil paced back and force in front of his purple and black striped bed. His room was dim and covered in creepy decorations with the occasional Tim burton or My chemical romance  poster. Even his dresser, lamp and cat shaped clock were dark.

. He was muttering things to himself. His hands were either in his pockets or shaking back and forth at his side.

His mumblings got increasingly louder then slowly quieter as he tried to self soothe, but his anxiety
Was always at a high on therapy days so it got louder once again.

He almost had paced a hole in the floor when he heard a knock on his door. He took in a sharp breath at the startling noise and stopped mid step. He went to open the door with shaky hands. He undid the lock and barely opened it a crack, not wanting anyone else to see how depressing his room was

"Hey!" Patton greeted him with his typical dad like smile.

"Hey" The anxious alter tried to fake a smile for the more chipper one the. gave up and let his face drop.

"What's wrong Virgy-o?" Patton asked.

"Its Wednesday" Virgil said simply after a minute of doubt. Patton looked like a confused puppy for a moment before he remembered by seeing the  shaking hand of the angsty boy in front of him. Wednesday's are therapy days and Virgil /hates/ therapy.

"Oh kiddo," Patton said reassuringly "its all gonna be ok. We do this every week, breath kid we've got your back" he smiled at the embodiment of anxiety in front of him and placed a hand on his hoodie covered shoulder .

Virgil took a deep breath
and then another
and another
Until he was calm enough to send Patton a small, sincere smile and leave his room. He barely opened the door enough to get out and immediately closed and locked it as he left with the group dad back to the commons.