Chapter 2

The ringing of her phone distracts Meher. Her mind which was occupied with the thoughts of Aliya and her boss - Dr. Rizvi gets distracted because of the phone call.

Smiling throughout, she checks her cell phone. As soon as her eyes fall on the phone screen and she discovers the number flashing on the screen, the smile vanishes away with in moments.

Her heartbeat picks up pace. Moments ago she was having her most pleasurable time and now she has to endure this - a dark secret of hers! She has been avoiding this for many days. She decides to deal with this now, to get into a conclusion, give it closure! She doesn't realize this is just the beginning of the closure!

~*~*~

Inside the room

Naushad lays his daughter on the bed and starts arranging the sheets and her toys that she brought with her properly.

"Abbu!",

Aliya addresses her father, nervously.

"Hmmm...",

says Naushad, whilst preparing her bed.

"Aap Dr. Meher Didi se gussa ho?",

she asks, nervously.

This catches Naushad's attention. Surprised, he turns to look towards his daughter. With his brows creased, he asks,

"Ye apko kisne kaha Aliya?"

'Has she heard their conversation?',

wonders Naushad.

"Kisi ne nahi Abbu. Par aap kabhi Meher Didi se gussa mat hona. Wo bohot achi hain. Wo meri tarah shaitani bhi nahi karengi. Promise!",

says the little angel, nervously.

This drags Naushad's attention. His heart clenches as he realizes how afraid his daughter is of him.

Inside her heartbeat increases, as she gets afraid that anytime her father might end up scolding her.

Before he could react, she adds further,

"Unhe maine hi bola tha ke mujhe Bano Didi ke paas jana hai!"

Taking a deep breath, Naushad slowly sits on the sofa, around Aliya's feet.

Looking at his daughter lovingly, he explains,