Chapter 3 - The Secret

I walked into the room nervously, not knowing what was going to happen. I thought they knew I was eavesdropping, and listening to what they were saying. I stood in place until Erwin said, “Sit down. No need to be so formal. We have something we would like to discuss with you.” Levi shot Erwin a distasteful look, like he wasn’t getting what he wanted. I took a seat as they all stood in front of me. Levi stood leaning against a wall, and Erwin stood by the door while Hanji was, well, being Hanji. I waited anxiously as they stood there in silence. It was Erwin who broke the silence. “We have something we need to tell you.” He paused before continuing, “There’s something we haven’t told you yet.” Levi interrupted him saying, “Just get to the damn point!”

    “Yes. Right. Of course. So, Shinpi, as you know you have been under the care of Levi and Hanji.” He stopped, as if waiting for confirmation. I nodded, knowing this to be true. he continued, ”Well during your stay here, we have uncovered some disturbing truths that we think you should know about.” He paused and looked at Hanji who nodded, and said, “Yes. We have, erm, how do I put this? Heard you while you sleep say somethings that reveal things about you, and who, or should I say, what, you are.” At this point, I had no idea what she was saying.
“What are you saying?” I asked.
“We’re saying that you’re like Eren.” Levi said. “You’ve said things in your sleep like ‘No! Stop! Dad! Please don’t! I don’t want to be one of your creations!’ and things like that. We have also had some ‘sources’ that have told us some details about your past that even you may not remember.” I looked at them all in shock. I had no idea what they were saying. Are they insane? Me, have whatever ability that this Eren kid has?
“What are you saying?” I asked.
“We’re saying,” Hanji said, ”That you’re going to humanity’s last hope. But nobody can know. This is the secret of the Survey Corps. This stays between us. Okay?” Fazed, and not knowing what else to say, I nodded my head. Things started to get hazy, and before I knew it, my head hit the ground. I woke up in my bed, with Lev sitting by my side. “Are you okay?” He asked. I looked up confused. Then all of the memories of last night came rushing back. I abruptly got up and walked out of the room. “Shinpi!” Levi yelled as he ran out after me. I kept walking as he yelled after me. “I don’t want to hear it!” I shouted back to him. I started to run, and went outside to the stalls. I grabbed the neared horse that was saddled a rode off to the sound of Levi’s voice yelling at me to come back. But I kept riding. I didn’t want to go back. I didn’t want to face the truth, whatever that was. I kept on riding into the surrounding wilderness not knowing what was going to come.

As I was riding the horse stumbled, and I fell off. Pain shot up my ankle. “Argh!” I yelled out in pain. I tried to get up, but it was in vain. I kept trying until another shot of pain went up my leg. I heard, and saw, a flash of light come down on me. Then it all went black.